My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, August 04, 2008

A Gift and a Note

Malcolm McDowell


I have to confess .... my girlfriend Michelle got this for me. (so I didn't meet him).. but hey, I am sure that it's a real autograph!! (weird as it looks lol)

While I was helping Lee Meriwether up in New Jersey, Michelle went to a convention in Maryland and..well duh... Malcolm was a guest there. I can't believe she got me this ! I was thinking of taking a bus or train down there but things are complicated for me to leave the house so I didn't go because it would entail a few days not just one .

But I wanted you all to see this great gift I received! I was thrilled, and totally surprised!

I didn't even realize just how much Malcolm McDowell has done until I checked him out on IMDb... wow.. and a real shocker.. he's a year OLDER than me!! WooHooo! That doesn't happen often! lol...

A Clockwork Orange (1971) .... Alex

Time After Time (1979) .... H. G. Wells

Arthur the King (1985) (TV) .... King Arthur
... aka Merlin & the Sword (USA: video title)

Star Trek: Generations (1994) .... Dr. Tolian Soran

Guest appearances:
Law & Order Criminal Intent
Entourage
Heroes

...and here's what he has in the works!
The Collaboration (2008) (announced) (rumored) .... Thornton
Vivaldi (2009/II) (pre-production) .... Merlino
The Spider (2009) (pre-production) (rumored) .... Von Wessel
Pound of Flesh (2009) (pre-production) (rumored) .... Noah Melville
Bolt (2008) (post-production) (voice)
"Coco Chanel" (2008) TV mini-series (post-production) .... Marc Bouchier
Barry Munday (2008) (post-production) .... Mr. Farley
Fallout 3 (2008) (VG) (completed) (voice) .... President John Henry Eden

Busy guy!...

On an entirely different note..

My brother has been in the hospital for 10 days now. In the beginning it was all for the cellulititus that returns often in his legs. Then he began having a hard time breathing, and to be honest we almost lost him. The last 3 days he has been in ICU ..he is doing better, but with the long road ahead yet I am not very optimistic and so I have a constant upset stomach and cry alot.. occasionally, after a visit, I do a stupid thing and get a little hopeful. I try to read blogs and write some. It helps in those moments to try to keep my mind somewhere other than where it has been.. so if I am not always here or commenting it's because my mind just won't let me go there. But please know I am trying to MAKE it go here, as it's a help! (like going to work to keep busy) Just wanted you all to know in case I am not around as much as before.


7 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Loved Time After Time but...

He's not a favorite. Don't know why.

It's a striking photo, though!

cjh

12:37 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

What a great gift! I love him in Heroes. One of my favorite new shows. I really hope that things get better soon for your brother, Pat. I'm getting ready to go back to the hospital with my Dad too and I'm dreading it. I know I'll be away from my blog too. I'll be like you though and try to force myself to keep blogging for some normalcy. It really is therapeutic and I've been trying my best just because I like having this community to escape to. We're here for you, of course! You and your brother are in my thoughts.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

What a fantastic gift!!!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

That's a lovely gift. And I really hope your brother recovers soon. You'll be in my thoughts *hugs*

9:52 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: oh yeah, love Time After Time!!

Chris: I hope your dad gets thru this without any set backs.. he's been thru more than his fair share. One day at a time.. seems to be my newest thing to say each day now.

Carl: (knowing my autograph collection) I thought it was dang nice too! *smile*

nymeth: thanks nymeth

9:58 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sorry to read about your brothers struggle, Pat...I pray that he will rally through this. I know how hard these things can be and my heart goes out to you...

WONDERFUL Picture of MM....!

BTW: I did tell Lee about your request. She has not downloaded those pictures yet but said it is on her "to do" list....She is off to Canada in about a week and is terribly busy with preparations of "Long Days Joureney..." So....I'm sure she will get around to it, but who knows when.....!

5:44 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Thank you Naomi. And thanks for asking Lee for me.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home