My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Day After

So... did everyone feel the change in the weather yesterday when Fall arrived?? It's been quite cool here in New Jersey, so I can say we felt it (and are feeling it) right now!

I do love the temps in the 70's so there are no complaints here! I'm sure there will be many when Winter arrives, but for now it's a welcome relief.

Ok, now tell me... how many people missed seeing 82 year old Cloris Leachman dance on Dancing With The Stars?

Not only can she still dance in high heels at this age, but she hasn't lost one wit of her sense of humor! If you think she doesn't know she can't win you'd be wrong.. but she sure is having fun trying!! She's already outdone me and she has nearly 20 years on me!

I've always enjoyed Cloris.. among her achievements are: an Oscar for The Last Picture Show 1971 (a Peter Bogdanovich movie) also 9 Emmy's and a Golden Globe.. not too shabby!

She has a Filmography list of 226 movies/ tv.. just saying that exhausts me! Among which you will find two hysterically funny television shows she did:

"Mary Tyler Moore" .... Phyllis Lindstrom (34 episodes, 1970-1977)
"Phyllis" .... Phyllis Lindstrom (48 episodes, 1975-1977)

..and one of my favorite comedy movies: Young Frankenstein (1974) .... Frau Blücher (if you haven't seen this movie .. it's a must see!)

All in all Dancing With the Stars was a good show.. sorry if ya'll missed it..

I hope you have a Happy First Full Day of Fall !

14 Comments:

Blogger Nikki in Niagara said...

DWTS is one of the only reality shows I watch anymore and I'm so mad I missed it last night. But I'll be there tonight to catch the results show!

12:21 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nicola: it will be on tonight and tomorrow night! I believe they will elimate a person each night.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

The weather has been chilly and rainy for the last two weeks or so, so there wasn't much of a chance, but I'm glad it's official now! I love this time of the year :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Happy first day of Fall to you too, Pat. Like Nymeth said it's been cooler here in Europe for several weeks now. That said we've had several glorious days here in England, like an Indian summer really.

Crikey, I don't look that good *now*, let alone at 82! Well done, Cloris! Your 'Dancing with the Stars' sounds a bit like our 'Strictly Come Dancing'.

7:04 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: me too! spring and fall are my favorites! Could be because temps in the 70's is FABULOUS! lol

Cath: Well Crikey back atcha! I hate when we don't get the same shows on each side of the pond!!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Happy first full day of fall to you as well! Unfortunately the weather here lately has been less fall-like than it was a week ago but it isn't too bad so I really can't complain...much! ;) I am happy for you though, it is great to see pix of pumpkins!!!

7:09 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Well, it was in the 70's here today - so much for fall. We had summer days that weren't this nice.

Screwy darned weather!

cjh

8:02 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

We got a little bit of coolness for awhile but that's pretty much went away already. It's just too hot down here!!!

I don't watch that show but I'll have to find an online clip and see that!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

I missed Clois because I don't watch TV. And, nope, it's not very autumnal, here. Autumn-like? Autumny? It's not too cool. Mid-80s, still. It's an improvement, but still doesn't resemble fall.

8:38 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: do you even get winter there?

cj:I think the weather has changed drastically the last few years and continues to do so...

ladytink: i hope you get cool weather soon... if that's what you like.. winter will be here all too soon.

bookfool: do you and ladytink live anywhere near each other in Missippi?

6:31 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I saw Clips of it...And I thought she was just GREAT! She "bests" me, too, Pat, and I am only 5 years younger than her....!
I did both "The MTM Show" and "Phyliss"......I think Cloris L. is one of the most talented actresses around....I saw her do "AS YOU LIKE IT" on Broadway, back in the 50's...with Kate Hepburn...Both of them were superb...And got to talk to Cloris L. later. Sh couldn't have been nicer! And almost 25 years later, when I did "Phyliss" she was STILL so incredibly nice. I think she is an amazing woman and a great actress, too!

11:56 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Naomi: oh, how nice that you worked with her!! I loved the MTM and the Phyllis show and of course I loved her in Young Frankenstein! She is still incredibly funny! Bless her heart for bringing smiles and laughter to us all !!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Oh I'm one of those picky people who hate it when it's hot (and in Mississippi it's like trying to breathe through a straw because of the humidty sometimes) and hate when it's cold too!

6:15 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Tink: did you always live in Mississippi???

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home