My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Sticks 'n' Stones 'n' Star Trek

Not far from where I live (in the next town) there is an area protected by this "gate house"...

(I want to see the inside of this gate house!.. sigh) Have I ever mentioned that I love Wood and Stone? Well I do.. and that goes for how houses are built... and the more "forest" around them, the better! I don't know who or what I was in my other life but they must have lived in a forest!

It's said the homes beyond this gate are among the richest in the whole state of New Jersey. (of course the fact that Jersey is small counts for nothing!)

Reportedly one of the homes hidden beyond view once belonged to Thomas Edison.

That much I can easily believe since very close by to this entrance is part of Edison's factories. Unfortunately, many of the buildings are being torn down. One day I will try to get some photo's of what's left of Edison's buildings.

Meanwhile... I want this little gate house!


On a totally different note...

42 years ago today....

On this date in 1966 ...

Star Trek premieres on NBC-TV

Wow ! Incredible ! Where does time go? ...and why does it have to go so fast?

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you, I love stone and wood! That gate house is adorable!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Yep, I want that gate house, too! Who cares about the houses behind it...they might be bigger, but they couldn't possibly be any more charming!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Ohhhh that's pretty! I want to see inside too!

However I would love to live in one of these

2:02 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

That house is like something out of a witchy fairy story. Beautiful!

And is it really 42 years? Good lord. That series changed my life in many ways, it has almost been a 'way of life' for me. But time flies, eh?

6:15 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

bobbi: you have good taste! :o)

debi: the way I look at it... the bigger the more cleaning! I'll take small thank you!

ladytink: Ohhhh nice !!! funny how others get to live in OUR dream house! lol

Cath: Never would I have thought when I first watched Star Trek that one day I'd meet them all!! (even the ones I wasn't crazy about.. but I won't mention Bill's name heh) And I surely never thought I get to know DeForest and Carolyn. Seeing them all the time on television..it just never registered that they'd be around so long.

7:13 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Forty-two years?????

Good grief.

And I love the house!

cjh

8:54 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Happy Anniversary to Star Trek, a show that made a profound impact on me in childhood and that stays with me even today. I love the feelings of nostalgia that arise when I hear that theme music.

That gate house is wonderful, like a fairy tale cottage. I can see why you would want to see inside. I think you need to pursue that goal!!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That is a really BEAUTIFUL Gate House! I can understand why you feel as you do about it...!

Hard to believe it has been that long ago that STAR TREK began! And there is Shatner, with theGREAT Career.....Three different series..And ALL of them Very Very Successful.

9:24 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi: I'd love to see the inside of that house! lol..

yes, Bill certainly did well in his career by having varied tv series, and doing well at all of them.

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home