My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Australia is a winner!

Oh man!...  I saw Australia today!  This movie will get some nods from the motion picture academy that's for sure!

I mean.. look!  (doing a little drooling here and it's not for Nicole!)

The cinematography was outstanding for this movie!

Young Brandon Walters, will steal your heart!

... and David Gulpilil has to do nothing but stand there to get his message across!  ( you may recognize him from Crocodile Dundee, or maybe Beastmaster. I recognized him from a show I saw in California but I don't think it ever aired on the east coast, called Snowy River: the McGregor Story.)

Director/producer/writer Baz Luhrmann (R) is joined by Aboriginal actor David Ngoombujarra

Anyone recognize this person?...

  Faramir/ Lord of the Rings... better known as David Wenhem.  Well, I got shocked seeing him in this movie... as one of the Bad Guys!  Our Faramir!  A bad guy! aggggggggggggh!

It's a long movie (2 hr 45 min) but to be honest with you.. it could have even been longer and it would have been fine with me!

It's a story about doing what's right.

It's a bit of a Western.

It's a bit of a love story.

It's got Hugh Jackman!  What else could you want??   :o)

6 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

I'm so glad you got to go out to the movies Pat! This is one that's on my list of movies to go see on the big screen. It looks great!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

glad to hear your good review. I've read some bad stuff by the critics. But I rarely listen to them, anyway.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Yep, this sounds like my sort of thing too. Haven't been to the movies in a while so it'll be nice to have something to go for.

8:32 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: it is a very good movie! It's a good story and could have been an even longer movie !

Pamela: well, it's not one of those movies that everyone will love... which means it's not listed as a "great action adventure" like James Bond or something... and special effects are limited to mostly the war scenes.

Cath: this is the first movie I've gone too since Hellboy and before that it was harry potter.. so I don't go often! I would if it didn't cost so much though because I love movies on the big screen!!! If I were filthy rich I'd have my own private "movie room" with a screen as big as the theaters! lol...

8:08 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Glad to hear the positive buzz. I am a big fan of Baz and have enjoyed all three of his red curtain trilogy films and I really want this one to be good. I hope we can get out to see it while it is still on the big screen.

9:04 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: I did enjoy this movie a lot. If I were to say anything negative at all it would be that, as much as I enjoy Nicole Kidman, I think I might have enjoyed someone a little more "earthy looking" if that makes any sense to you.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home