My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Pondness Monster?

I saw something odd sticking up out of the water at the other end of the pond and so I grabbed my handy dandy camera and pushed the zoom to it's fullest.  With my wonderful eyesight (blind) I still couldn't tell what it was in the viewer so I snapped a photo..

Is this a Lochness Monster in our Pond?? 

It turns out to be the soft shelled turtle that stays so well hidden!!!!

It wasn't until the next day when I loaded pictures on to my computer that I discovered my find!    I just wish it were on my side of the pond so the photo would have been clear...

So this morning I am out by the pond at daybreak.. and I look across the pond to where the fixture for the fountain is (it does not turn on until 7:45) Again my eyesight failing me I wondered if I was seeing something there or not... out comes my trusty camera... zooooooom... snap..

Could it be yet again??? so I took this photo and lightened it up...

Bingo!... it's the soft shelled turtle !  Twice in two days!! (but always on the far side of the pond.

I guess we have no monster after all... or do we?..

Any guesses what they are???

Again.. not a monster *sigh*.. just a fish (Mullet) gulping some air!

But I can't help it.. that first shot of the softshelled turtle looks like a Pondness Monster to me!

Another new post below this one: book review: The Woman in White.

11 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

LOL! Great pond post! That second pic with all the sunrise colours reflected in the water? That is just stunning. You have such an eye for a great shot, Pat - blind or not!

6:24 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Cath.. if I didn't have "auto" on the camera i'd be dead! lol..the self focus is my redemption!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I'm with Cath...the sunrise reflected in the pond = stunning!!! And your monsters crack me up...I gotta tell you, even knowing that guy at the bottom is a fish, he still weirds me out a bit.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

You shouldn't have ID's it. It could have been in the news as another Nessie. ha ha

12:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: LOL me too hahahaha

Pamela: I wouldn't have been surprised! I swear they are so hard up for "news" down here they repeat news 2 days in a row before there's any New News!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you found out your pond monsters weren't a Nessie. I concur with the others that the 'sunrise over turtle' was a genuine artistic piece. I don't that well with an auto focus. If I have one. Not got a great camera. Point and shoot. But it is digital.

3:38 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

anonymus: My old Canon (the one that takes real film) is not an auto focus..still love that camera, but can't afford to keep buying film and developement so I use this digital. although it's on auto focus, it doesn't always focus on what you want it focused on but it looks like it's focused so you shoot the shot.. only to find out it focused on the grass not the bird!.. so i take a lot of pictures.. A LOT!

3:44 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Once again, great photos. The sunrise is goregous. And fish breath air? Really? I didn't know that. I do realize it's only certain types, right?

cjh

7:34 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: I did some searching.. and if too many fish do it in a pond it could be lack of oxygen (which is why there is a fountain in the middle of the pond) but from what I can find out they all do it to some degree or another..

3:28 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Whoa! If you don't look at that in thoughts of scale that thing does look like pics of the lochness monster!

1:51 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Those do look like some monster pictures. Helen

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home