My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Around The Pond, Oct. 22nd

The morning was dark and looked like rain.  When I went outside with my  token 3 slices of bread I found it drizzling.  I was shocked when I looked up and saw a full rainbow!

I zoomed in on one corner for a better view of the colors.

When I looked around for someone to feed I saw "dead eye".. it would seem  he's not a lover of the rain.. he even looks cold and I can promise you he WASN'T cold!

Eventually  the turtle showed up.  It still amazes me that this turtle knows it will get bread when none of the others seem to "get it".

I discovered that with the lack of sunshine I could  see underwater so tried a few pictures.  I did play some in PSP making adjustments to see them even better.. I thought this one of the turtle came out well...

I tried another when the fish wouldn't leave the turtle alone and jumped all over him for his bread... I believe they are the same Mullet that jump high out of the water all the time.

Then there is the "end of the day" photo..

13 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

As usual...positively lovely! :D

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photos are great, especially showing what is under the water.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a gorgeous end-of-day photo! (I love sky shot like that one.) And how cool that you got to take pictures of what's in the water, Pat! Really cool!

Any chance the other turtles are just too feral? We have two turtles in our pond (er, unless one of them died) and they're both scared of large creatures, so if you come to near, they'll vanish.

(And the afghan is gorgeous, just so you know. ^-^)

10:03 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Debi...the birds aren't coming around as much they probably know of the small gators!

bookpusher: I was surprised that I was able to do that.. had to do with very early morning and so not a lot of reflection off the water.

thanks Shanra. dunno about the turtles I know there are at least 5 here (2 softshelled) but the only one that comes to eat has the algae on its shell..the others don't have all the algae.

11:08 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

More wonderful picturesm Pat! I love what you did with the Turtle....it is so dear to see his whole body....He sure has pretty markings.
Beautiful beginning of the day and BeautifulGorgeous ending, too!

1:09 PM  
Anonymous She said...

Did you find the leprechaun?

4:27 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Hehehee, I love She's question. And I absolutely love those pictures of the fish and the turtle shell under the water!! So cool!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I like the end of day one... very atmospheric and beautiful colours.

8:02 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

glad you enjoy the photos Naomi!

She: boy howdy don't I wish!

chris: yeah I thought they were pretty neat too!

hi Cath: the colorful "day end" photo's I've taken I never touch up and it's amazing.

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Pat! I really love your pond pictures. In this particular post especially, the turtle peeking out of the water. I like that I could see through the water at the moss growing on his shell Guess I've got a thing for turtles. LOL!

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Btw, I just made that shot as my desktop's background. :D

11:53 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Beautiful pictures Pat. Every one of them. To bad that you didn't find that pot of gold. Helen

8:11 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

that last photo really is how your life has changed...
gold around the edges now that you live there.

You seem so much happier.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home