My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, March 01, 2012

A Little of This .. A Little of That.

 

march12012[1]

(The Moon always amazes me)

busy[1]

So… the above photo is what my table next to my chair always looks like… a little crocheting… a little reading… a little coffee… a little crowded, heh. :o)

and below… is my Masterharper Robinton book mark “on display” :o)

marker[1]

At one of the thrift shops my girlfriend and I went to I found The Hobbit in audio form (tapes) (love the wooden box! lol)

hobb3[1]

I have yet to listen to it .  The cassettes tell me the voices: Ray Reinhardt as Bilbo, Bernard Mayers as Gandalf.

A little searching brought me this:

The cast includes Ray Reinhardt (Bilbo), James Arrington (Frodo), Pat Franklyn (Merry), Mac McCaddon (Pippin), Lou Bliss (Sam), Bernard Mayes (Gandalf), Gail Chugg (Narrator), Bernard Mayes (Tom Bombadil), and Tom Luce (Strider/Aragorn). Additionally, Franklyn, McCaddon, Chugg, Reinhardt, Bob Lewis, John Vickery, Erik Bauersfeld and Carl Hague were credited for "additional voices".

hobb2[1]

Need I say that although it is audio it sits on the “tbr” pile! Hopefully I will listen to it before the movie release!… hopefully.

Since I don’t have a lot about any one thing.. here’s a pick I took of my “young” son Thom and cowboy De.

cowboys[1]

Oh and since it’s March 1st… these are the four books I read in February..

Name of the Star............. Maureen Johnson…....272 pgs
The Bronte Myth.............. Lucasta Miller..……..368 pgs
The Secret of Crickley Hall.. James Herbert..…...631 pgs
All Creatures Great & Small.. James Herriot...….442 pgs
                                       (1,713 pgs)

febbks[1]

I looked outside when I took a small break and found the Egret…

egret-1[1]

march1egret[1]

… and that’s my March 1st ! How was yours?

 

9 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I do love your sundry photos posts, Pat. I'm so nosy that your coffee table was my favourite. I don't know what it is you're crocheting but it looks *beautiful*. I love that you're reading the James Herriot books... they're a sort of national institution over here. LOL.

Great find... those audio tapes of The Hobbit, and in sich a neat box too. That film can't come soon enough for me.

And of course your moon shots always blow me away...

My March 1st? Well I went north to the coast at Minehead and got my hair cut... and bought a snowscene jig-saw puzzle in a charity shop. :-)

6:13 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

That Hobbit box is amazing!!! and that egret has better hair than I do,,,lol Ohhhh thats that popcorn stitch you were talking about...It's soooo pretty <3

7:15 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Your photos of the moon always amaze me! As do your pond pics! Gorgeous!

And oh my gosh, what a neat find at the thrift shop...that box is sooooo cool! I'm ashamed to say it, but I have never read The Hobbit...I know, I should be shot or something. Gray and I are reading it for school later this year though, so maybe there's some hope left for me yet.

I had to laugh at your table pic. Pretty much what mine holds, too...a little crocheting, a little reading, and little coffee. :D

5:43 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: i forgot .. don't forget to show your puzzle when done!

kelly: is that a hint? lol

Debi: that's ok I didn't read the Hobbit until I had teen age kids either! lol...I think you will like it!!

lol well we ladies have to keep busy.. we have nothing else to do ..do we? Pshaw! lol

6:07 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I loved all of Herriot's books. For awhile, I even wanted to be a vet... but another calling got in the way.

cjh

5:08 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi cj...i think a lot of young girls want to be vets from their love of animals but then life takes a turn.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

The moon really is amazing. I was gazing up at it in the bright blue sky this morning on my way into the building and was in awe. I'm so glad that we have it to look at, it is a real treat.

Love James Herriot. Haven't read the books, but the series is one of my favorites. We re-watch it every so often.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

wow, those Hobbit tapes are a GREAT find! I'm eagerly awaiting the movie, too :-)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I love that box of Hobbit tapes. I hope you will enjoy the production.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home