My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Dark

dark

The Dark by James Herbert.

Paperback: 442 pages
Publisher: Pan Macmillan;(April 1, 2013)
ISBN-10: 0330522078

A blackness leaves its lair, and begins slowly to spread

It came like a malignant shadow with seductive promises of power. Somewhere in the night, a small girl smiled as her mother burned, asylum inmates slaughtered their attendants, and in slimy tunnels once-human creatures gathered. Madness raged as the lights began to fade, and humanity was attacked by an ancient, unstoppable evil.

This is my third book by James Herbert and I am sorry to say my least favorite.

The Dark seems to represent the evil in all our minds.  And we do all have good and evil in us. 

He writes very creepy and scary but this time I felt it was overkill.  I got tired of the mass descriptive killings.  But I read the whole book and intend on finding others by James Herbert.  For some reason, other than on Amazon I don't seem to find any of his books.

This is a really short review because I have so much to do to get this computer back to "normal" if it's even possible !!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Hope it's going well getting the computer back to normal!

Sorry you didn't care for this too much. There don't seem to be many of his books around. Perhaps his books aren't 'in fashion'. LOL!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home