My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Deep and Dark and Dangerous

Deep and Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn.

Paperback: 192 pages
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers;August 4, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0547076452

dark

 

From Booklist

Hahn offers another eerie, suspenseful ghost story filled with family secrets. Thirteen-year-old Ali is thrilled when her aunt Dulcie invites her to spend the summer at the family's Maine cottage, where Ali will help babysit her four-year-old cousin, Emma. Things fall apart, however, when Sissie, a mysterious, manipulative girl, befriends Emma. As tensions rise, Ali begins to piece together rumors about a childhood tragedy that continues to haunt her mother and Dulcie. Early on, Hahn drops heavy hints about who Sissie is. Guessing her identity won't spoil the suspense for readers, though; on the contrary, it will feed their sense of terror as events unfold. The emotional weight of family dynamics and the private burdens of adults might have overwhelmed the ghost story, but Hahn maintains the momentum with scenes that will chill readers as surely as a plunge in cold water. Young people will easily connect with sensitive Ali, whose search for family truths feels like "good practice for crossing a minefield." Gillian Engberg

wow!  A quick and excellent ghost story!  Not sure what I expected but this was quite a good, short read!

The mystery behind the whole story doesn't totally come out until close to the end, but all along you know secrets are being kept by the adults in the story. I really enjoyed this little book... couldn't put it down!  Great little book to have with you when on the move.

Guessing this book would be for anyone but believe it was written for ages 9 and above.. 'cause it is a bit scary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home