My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, June 06, 2016

The Black Box

The Black Box by Michael Connelly.

Mass Market Paperback: 480 pages
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing(October 15, 2013)
ISBN-10: 0446556726




 

In a case that spans 20 years, Harry Bosch links the bullet from a recent crime to a file from 1992, the killing of a young female photographer during the L.A. riots. Harry originally investigated the murder, but it was then handed off to the Riot Crimes Task Force and never solved.
Now Bosch's ballistics match indicates that her death was not random violence, but something more personal, and connected to a deeper intrigue. Like an investigator combing through the wreckage after a plane crash, Bosch searches for the "black box," the one piece of evidence that will pull the case together.


 

Seldom do I read a mystery that takes place in the USA.  Not because I have anything against it, I just find Victorian Mysteries from England more interesting.   And I also have never gotten into reading the authors that seem to put a book a year out.  Again, nothing against them, I just drift in a different direction I guess. 

However, this book takes place in Los Angeles CA .  And it's by a prolific author.  That being said, I picked up this up because the story line on the back of the book read like something I would like.  I guess I liked it since I read it in 3 days!!

It's a good detective story.  I liked that the murder took place 20 yrs ago and 20 yrs later the same detective (Harry Bosh) picks it up as a cold case and gets his chance to really work on it to see if he can find out who murdered the pretty reporter way back during the LA riots.

This is my first book I read since my trip.. and glad it was a good one. 

I did try to read a book while gone that was on my Tablet called : Confessions of an English Opium Eater (about Thomas De Quincey) I thought I had downloaded a "book" but it turned out only to be 48 pages long.. so I don't count that as a book.

So.. onward to a new book.................

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I've never read anything by this chap but Peter reads him a lot and enjoys his books.

Thanks for that wonderful panorama card you sent me, it's gorgeous. I've put it up on the windowsill so I can look at it while I'm typing here.

Taking Peter to the hospital for his operation this morning. Keep your fingers crossed!

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home