My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Lost and Gone Forever

Lost and Gone Forever: by Alex Grecian.

Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons(May 17, 2016)
ISBN-10: 0399176101


 



an Amazon review..

All of my favorite characters are back so immediately upon starting this book I felt as though I was right back with the London Murder Squad...except that nothing was the same. So...in order to truly get into this book you really have to have read all of the others that came before it. There really isn't any other way to truly understand what these characters have gone through and how much they have endured. So...briefly...Walter Day has been held captive by Jack ( the Ripper ) for a year. Hammersmith...a former police associate of Day's...has a private investigator's practice specifically set up by Claire Day...Walter's wife...to find Day. Jack is clever and cruel and sadistic is still killing people. There are other people...specifically hired to kill Jack...they are hired by a powerful secret society...not the police. These books take place in Victorian London so everything is kind of squalid, smelly and vermin filled...plus there are lots of orphans. In those days a penny bought a lot! Jack has messed with Walter Day's head so much that he really doesn't even know who he is any more.

Alex Grecian has now written 5 books of Scotland Yard's Murder Squad.  .. and I have read them all!  He built some really good characters and one gets invested enough to want to keep reading more !

In order the books are:  The Yard,  The Black Country,  The Devil's Workshop, The Harvest Man and Lost and Gone Forever.  In order to really know the characters one should start at the beginning.  Even though they are all new cases, what happens to the main characters changes with each book.  I certainly hope this isn't the last of the Scotland Yard's Murder Squad!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I'll get around to this series at some stage... in the meantime I'm really pleased you found a Victorian series you like so much, Sis.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I really like the cover to this!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home