My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, March 04, 2018

Bobby Kennedy: A Raging Spirit

Bobby Kennedy: A Raging Spirit by Chris Matthews.
Hardcover: 416 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster;October 31, 2017)
ISBN-10: 1501111868


Amazon Review
With his bestselling biography Jack Kennedy, Chris Matthews shared a new look of one of America’s most beloved Presidents and the patriotic spirit that defined him. Now, with Bobby Kennedy, Matthews returns with a gripping, in-depth, behind-the-scenes portrait of one of the great figures of the American twentieth century.

Overlooked by his father, and overshadowed by his war-hero brother, Bobby Kennedy was the perpetual underdog. When he had the chance to become a naval officer like Jack, Bobby turned it down, choosing instead to join the Navy as a common sailor. It was a life changing experience that led him to connect with voters from all walks of life: young or old, black or white, rich or poor. They were the people who turned out for him in his 1968 campaign. RFK would prove himself to be the rarest of politicians—both a pragmatist who knew how to get the job done and an unwavering idealist who could inspire millions.

Drawing on extensive research and interviews, Matthews pulls back the curtain on the public and private worlds of Robert Francis Kennedy. He shines a light on all the important moments of his life, from his early years and his start in politics to his crucial role as attorney general in his brother’s administration and his tragic run for president. This definitive book brings Bobby Kennedy to life like never before and is destined to become a political classic.



 
All I can say is:  I loved JFK and I thought I loved Bobby.  After reading this book....
I KNOW I love Bobby.
The book is not a biography where it is a "tell all" book about his personal life.. But rather about his public life.  Much in this book, I did not know.  I was broken hearted when he was assassinated.. but until now I didn't realize just how much.
For me, this was a great book.  If he is on your list of people you admired... it is a must read.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I was devastated for weeks when he was killed. I just couldn't believe it. I can remember my mother telling me to pull myself together! This sounds like an excellent book, glad you liked it so much, Sis.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home