My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, July 06, 2019

Dark Sacred Night

Dark Sacred Night by Michael Connelly.

Hardcover: 448 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company;(October 30, 2018)
ISBN-10: 0316484806




Amazon Review:

Harry Bosch teams up with LAPD Detective Renée Ballard to face the unsolved murder of a runaway, and the fight to bring a killer to justice.

Detective Renée Ballard is working the night beat -- known in LAPD slang as "the late show" -- and returns to Hollywood Station in the early hours to find a stranger rifling through old file cabinets. The intruder is retired detective Harry Bosch, working a cold case that has gotten under his skin. 

Ballard can't let him go through department records, but when he leaves, she looks into the case herself and feels a deep tug of empathy and anger. She has never been the kind of cop who leaves the job behind at the end of her shift -- and she wants in.
 
The murder, unsolved, was of fifteen-year-old Daisy Clayton, a runaway on the streets of Hollywood who was brutally killed, her body left in a dumpster like so much trash. Now Ballard joins forces with Bosch to find out what happened to Daisy, and to finally bring her killer to justice. Along the way, the two detectives forge a fragile trust, but this new partnership is put to the test when the case takes an unexpected and dangerous turn.

This time Bosh had a female "partner" to help solve his unsolved murder. The writing was set up a little differently but all went well.. no getting mixed up.  Again, short chapters, which I love, and of course 2 mysteries going at the same time.

I've been told by my friend Cath that there is a tv series on Bosch.  I think on Netflix.  While I do like this series, I don't think I'd like watching it as much.  I've already gotten a picture of him in my mind, and some of the sequences happen near where I lived when I was in California so I  have no problem picturing it all in my mind.

This was another good read. I would recommend this Bosh Series for anyone who liked murder mysteries.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Peter said the actor they have playing him is not his idea of Bosch so maybe you're right not to watch it. Some series are like that.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Debra said...

Lovely blog you hhave here

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home