My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, May 02, 2020

All the Weyrs of Pern

All the Weyrs of Pern by Anne McCaffrey.


Hardcover: 404 pgs
Publisher: Ballentine Books; First Edition edition (January 1, 1991)
ASIN: B0026HQGDA




 

Goodread Review:


For generations, the dragonriders had dedicated their lives to fighting Thread, the dreaded spores that periodically rained from the sky to ravage the land. On the backs of their magnificent telepathic dragons they flew to flame the deadly stuff out of the air before it could reach the planet's surface. But the greatest dream of the dragon riders was to find a way to eradicate Thread completely, so that never again would their beloved Pern be threatened with destruction. 

Now, for the first time, it looked as if that dream could come true. For when the people of Pern, led by Masterharper Robinton and F'Lar and Lessa, Weyrleader and Weyrwoman of Benden Weyr, and Jaxom, excavated the ancient remains of the planet's original settlement, they uncovered the colonist's voice-activated artificial intelligence system - which still functioned! 


And the computer had incredible news for them: There was a chance - a good chance - that they could, at long last, annihilate Thread once and for all!




Goodness!  I was so long since I read some of these that I actually had forgotten how the book would end!!


All the favorite characters are back and are amazed at what they had found and the information AVIS was giving them!  I just love the characters that Anne McCaffrey created and can never get enough of them... however, when her son took over writing them he took things in different directions..(woman's view and man's view?) Anyway I tried 2 of his books and stopped...  No one, not even her son can write like Anne McCaffrey did.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I actually enjoy that about myself, that I can forgot huge parts of a book I've read and be surprised by it all over again. Even if they are just small details I didn't recall, I love rediscovering them again.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home