My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, May 07, 2020

The Dolphins of Pern

The Dolphins of Pern by Anne McCaffrey.

Hardcover: 340 pages
Publisher: Del Rey; 1st ed edition (September 6, 1994)
ISBN-10: 0345368940




Amazon Review:

The humans of Pern are reunited, after eons of noncontact, with the intelligent dolphins who had originally settled the planet with them. When a boy, Readis, is rescued by "shipfish" and realizes that they can talk, he develops a lifelong obsession with the fascinating creatures. But, though his interest is shared by the young dragonrider T'Lion and his dragon, Gadareth, it is forbidden by his mother, who has feared the unusual ever since she was kidnapped by outlaws because of her ability to hear and talk with dragons. Readis pursues his briney friendships nonetheless, reporting his findings to the computer, Aivas, which is attempting to guide the humans to a new era by freeing Pern forever from the devastating, life-consuming Thread. Meanwhile, the leading dragonriders and holdlords must act to contain the lust for land and power of Toric, Lord Holder of the South. Expanding upon events related in All the Weyrs of Pern, McCaffrey here adds yet another dimension to her colorful and vivid saga by focusing on the attractive dolphins and their highly believable society.
Copyright 1994 Reed Business Information, Inc.



This book "happens" at the same time Avis is teaching others about their ancestors who came to Pern.  The Dolphins are mentioned in other books but "barely".  It seems the ancients had changed something in Dolphins to make them understand man and even to speak !

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Hmm... this is one I never got to and don't own. I need to see if I can find a copy. Did you like it?

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home