My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

A Little Bit of Heaven

8:53:46 AM EST
Feeling Quiet


A little bit of heaven.. that's what Shambala is.

A number of people have either left a comment or emailed me about the photo of the cub on yesterdays journal. I took the photo when I did volunteer work at Shambala Preserve in Acton California some years ago. I have a link in "favorite links" to other photos that I had taken while there, but decided I would bring what I think are the "best" pics here to the journal for you to see.

Oh, I should mention one more thing.. the photo of the cub I entered in a contest, I received a letter saying that my picture made it to the "semi-finals".
Anyway, here are a few others I took during my time at Shambala....







"Your body vibrates when the lions roar."

















"My personal favorite: Daisy the Cougar"

















"Timbo the elephant..

Tiger cub (no name)










I don't know what it is about loading the pictures on to the journal but quite often i see the photo doesn't look the same.. it has smooth and blurred areas and even "wrinkled" areas compaired to the actual photo I have. When I look at the picture in the file manager by double clicking it.. it looks fine. It's only when I put them in the journal.. I wonder what it's doing to the pictures?? maybe they should be Gif's instead of jpg's? Oh well, nothing I can do about it right now. .. hope you enjoy the photo's anyway!

If you like pictures of wild animals you should visit Astaryth at her journal. http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/ She has wonderful animal pictures there!
And if you'd like to see and learn more about Shambala Preseve you can use this link to the Shambala Website.
. http://www.shambala.org/

Mid-life means that you become more reflective...You start pondering the "big" questions. What is life? Why am I here? How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home