My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Pooped!


What a day! It took me hours and hours to copy and paste all my aol journal pages to word! I am one of the lucky ones there.. I've only had my journal for 1 1/2 months! Some have had their journal there 2 years!

Maxine says about how I feel right now lol.. I am one tired female! I am still learning this blog site. I hope the day comes when I am comfortable here.

I still haven't decided to leave J-land completely but I've accomplished the preparations just in case.. and from now on I will back up every journal I do so I don't have to go thru that again!

I already miss the "alerts" and seeing what the others have to say.. right now its all hurtful. A lot are staying because they are AIM journals and nothing changed for them. I hope I can get past this but so many people have made such good points. Most especially things like talking about a death in the family and seeing a "commercial" flashing at the top of your eyes.. sigh.. I am so mixed up right now. I just know I wish if someone gave you something they wouldn't give it with "stipulations" that they have the right to do with it what they want. I never would have accepted the "invitation" had I known.. and in that short time it has come to mean a lot to me .. so much that it hurts now.

Well, I know enough about business that they won't take down the ads.. they are "paid for" and aol won't give money back.. no company would. I hope they use their brains though and come up with a solution.. like a "hide" button for the ad. I think that would help a lot.. you still have to see the ad but then you can hide it while you read or work at the journal.

I guess time will tell...
Meanwhile.. have a good day.
All reports are in; life is now officially unfair.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Chris
Very good point, you made there. I'm not sure what I will do either, just yet.

Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
http://www.bigoven.com/~swibirun

9:25 AM  
Blogger journally yours, gem said...

I like that graphic art you have in this entry. I want one for my journal LOL!
Good points..& hide button would be nice. but AOL is not gonna cave in. They only see and understand dollar $ign!
Gem :-)

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home