My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Oh, the horror of it all..


The cat pictured above is Winkey...I want you to take a good look at her.

Cute huh? Big beautiful eyes, gorgeous fuzzy fur...she only has 3 1/2 legs, but that's how she was when she came knocking at the door here as a stray. Her coat is like silk.....innocent looking wouldn't you say?

Take a better look.


You are looking at the face of a killer cat! Yep.. she made her first spring kill today! The weather here in New Jersey suddenly turned spring-like so i opened a few windows for a while. (my mistake) In came a fly! (A fly? In March? gawd.)

Although she is overly fed real cat food, Winkey went into Hunting mode..

She stalked.. she jumped.. she batted (she probably even cursed some!) until she got that fly under her furry little paw... and then.. and then.. (gross) SHE ATE IT! Aggggggggggg! And I was witness to it all!

I took this picture of her as she indulged herself by getting into a favorite sleeping spot after her heroic kill. She sure looks pure and innocent, but don't let that sweet face fool you... there's a real killer lurking inside!

3 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

this would be the part where I say gross, but no, I am alright. If a spider can eat a fly, I guess a cat can too.

I guess Winkey isn't getting all of her nutrients in her cat food. LOL

10:20 AM  
Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

LOL! My cats catch lizards and eat all but the tail...ewwwwwwwww!

:)

Judi

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, what an adorable kitty. Mine stalk bugs and gekkos, but they seem to loose interest when the prey stops moving.

Did she give the bug back to you later? ;-)

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home