My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Round Robin

The Round Robin for today is "The Animal Inside".. Why not play along? Just click the link to read the instructions and post your "inner animal"

I chose a few animals for different times of my life...

As a young child I see myself as a ferret ...
Running around with not a care in the world and having all sorts of energy.. getting into all sorts of things, but being "cute" as I do it of course.





As a teenager, maybe I'd be a squirrel....
Storing away all of my youthful dreams and preparing to meet life as an adult.








As an adult, maybe i would be a beaver....
Never having time for myself and always being busy keeping up a home, caring for my husband and raising children.




But now, as I age, I see myself as the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz..


All of his life he was afraid to accept himself , he believed in what everyone else told him he was........not good enough to be a real lion, and so he became what others dictated he was.



Now if only "Dorothy" would come along and prove me wrong!


But.. if i could CHOOSE an animal inside, I think I'd choose a MEERCAT. For no other reason then they make me laugh.. and it always feels so good to laugh!

8 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Sometimes I feel like the cowardly lion too. You don't know how scared I can get sometimes when I get in social situations, or things involving everyday life. I tend to run....

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, creative entry! I'm impressed. My entry has to do with fear too...it's in us all unfortunately.
Nancy

5:16 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

I feel like the cowardly lion myself.

Your not cowardly to me, although you do kinda remind me of a mere cat. ~wink~

But only cause your cute and funny!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

I love this! You clearly gave this challenge some thought! - Karen

7:26 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Laughing!!! This is great!
Thanks for the smiles...super entry.
TJ

8:11 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

Hi Hon :)

I agree with Nancy, this is a wonderful and creative entry. You chose many of my favorite animals, I just love squirrels. :) And aren't we all a cowardy lion from time to time, yet that was such an endearing character from literature

11:00 PM  
Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

Great post, and you're your own Dorothy--prove yourself "wrong" with every post. I've said it before, I'll say it again: you're awesome.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what great pictures! Loved the post as well.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home