My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Another Loss..


June Allyson dies at 88.....

June Allyson, the sunny, raspy-voiced "perfect wife" of James Stewart, Van Johnson and other movie heroes, has died, her daughter Pamela Allyson Powell said Monday. She was 88.
She died of pulmonary respiratory failure and acute bronchitis after a long illness, Powell said.



The full article of June's passing is found here at Hollywood Reporter.

We, of the older generation, (and movie buffs of all ages) are loosing our most famous actors and actresses. June Allyson is the latest to leave us. Many who read this will not even know who June Allyson is, but if you don't know her.. you've missed another one of the fine actresses of our earlier movie days.


One of June's more famous appearances was in Little Women A really great movie. If you have never seen the first version of this movie you should watch for it on TMC and make it a point to see it.



3 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Not to get away from the topic of this post (but you know about my struggle to appreciate the black & white movies) but i was just wondering what were some of the autographs you've collected. Any john hancocks i might recognize?

5:55 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Jimmy Stewart, yes.....Gregory Peck, yes......Katherine Hepburn, yes AND THAT'S IT!!!lol. Should i feel bad as a movie enthusiast. Oh and Kirk Douglas.

6:34 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Very very sad! As a young person, I had a scrapbook of June Allywon and another one of Van Johnson...I think "Two Girls And A Sailor" was the first film I became aware of both of them...and then I loved "Music For Millions" . WEll, I was young! Both those films seem very very sappy now...but I thought they were brilliant back then....(lol).
That MGM Stable was something! "More stars than there are in the heavens"...L.B. Mayer!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home