My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Enough already!


Boy, I'm glad Tuesday is over! Yesterday evening we had more booming thunderstorms go thru our area. The biggest lasted a little over an hour. Can we say "lightening"?! Gads zooks! One thunder didn't stop rumbling and another flash of lightening would occur!! Over an hour like that! All the cats were moving around nearly on their stomachs and in slow motion if any movement at all... can we say "scared"? lol.. I was right with them after that last one we had that took down major branches and trees around here. I sat on the stairs out of my room since the room is in a direct shot for a huge tree on the lawn of David's' other house next door. It seems along with these storms can come winds of 60 mph and they always blows that tree (which a healthy large branch did break off the last storm) towards this house and the room i live in. (can we say paranoid?)

Of course the timing for the storm was about a crummy as it could get... 15 more minutes to go watching "House"(Hugh Laurie) and BOOM, it had begun and I quickly turned off the television! Dang it! So of course I don't know the ending of the kid who was burned. If anyone saw it, feel free to tell me what they discovered about the kid that made him have the accident. *sigh*

The outcome of the storm is that close by (but not us this time) had trees down and electrical lines down. I've said before that I am OLD and I can say that of all the years growing up in NJ that I've never witnessed so many severe storms here as we have had this year. That's been the real kicker for the weather reports to make my stomach churn.. they just hadda add the word SEVERE! (they weren't wrong this time). Know what i just love?.. when they say: "potentially severe"!.. duh.. so do I worry or not? heh.

However, for now, it did break the heat wave, for which I am eternally grateful! My room had been a constant 92 degrees (98 outside) even with fans going. Although, there are window air conditioners in 3 rooms of this house, the room I reside in has none. This morning the thermometer reads a "cool" 82 ! Hey, I'll take it!


3 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Your storm stories and heat complaints sound very familiar to my mothers'. She said Montclair looked like a war zone with every other street blocked off due to downed trees and power lines.

I'll tell you like I told her, be careful up there.

As for House, can't say that I watch it. Nothing on Fox interests me once "24" (best show on t.v.) is done for the season.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

LOL...Rudy will do it to you everytime. Especially the end when he gets that sack on the quarterback. Whew.

And Oprah......forget about it. I can't watch any of her shows that consist of children or foreign countries. Nope, won't do it.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

LOL...you're right, i forgot all about the part when they turn in their jerseys. I agree, that entire movie gets you. Cry The Beloved Country, i haven't seen but I just put it on my Netflix que so I'll keep you posted on the tearjerker factor.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home