My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

End of the Weekend

It's been a long weekend. My brother who was in rehab to try to walk a little again had gone back to the hospital for a week and then back to rehab. All of his things had been stored when he went to the hospital so when we got there to see him we had to put all of this clothes back and all the other things he's "collected".. then he had us bring a shirt he had been painting when he first went to the hospital on the large board, and a second board. (when he comes home we will need a darn moving van at this rate!)


I'm pretty worn out from all of this. We've been going every evening to visit for 2 hours for a month now and probably have another few weeks of it to go. No one can tell us when we can get a hospital bed for him so the livingroom, which will become his bedroom, is in shambles.. some furniture tossed out and more to go but they can't tell us the bed would be here any time before he gets released.


My mind is all but gone .. can't concentrate to save my life. My own needs have been on back burners so long now I've learned to live with most of it. I still am not writing or reading... the closest I've gotten to any sort of 'forgetfulness" is to watch the LOTR movies I bought. Thankfully it has a pause, and I can eject the dvd and go back to it later. I know I haven't posted daily all the time like I normally do.. it's just been so much stress I can't think.


I do want to put up here a little something pertaining to the old post of Star Treks 40th Anniversary.. there are still 2 big Star Trek conventions that will happen before the end of this year. One is a Creations Convention in the Meadowands of New Jersey in November. The other is a Vulcon Convention in Florida in October.. here's the information in case someone lives near them and is interested.


Creation Convention: (use this link if you want further information)


"THE THREE CAPTAINS"


WILLIAM SHATNER Captain Kirk, Classic Star Trek - Sunday


AVERY BROOKS Captain Sisko, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Saturday


KATE MULGREW Captain Janeway, Star Trek: Voyager - Friday


********************


Vulcon Convention: (use this link for further information)


Guests:


AVERY BROOKS: Capt. Sisko ST:DS9
JONATHAN FRAKES: Cmdr. Riker ST:TNG
SUZIE PLAKSON: K' Ehleyr ST:TNG
DENISE CROSBY: Tasha Yar ST:TNG
ARMIN SHIMERMAN: Quark ST:DS9
ANDREW G. PROBERT: Illustrator ST:TNG
WALTER KOENIG: Pavel Chekov Star Trek
RENE AUBERJONOIS: Odo ST:DS9
TIM RUSS: Tuvok ST:Voyager


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a tough weekend. I wish I could go to one of the conditions. I went to one once when I was 13. It was a blast but I felt like such an Earther.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

I'm sitting here complaining about how tired I am, and you have your plate full. I'm sorry about your brother, I hope things get better.

I wish they would bring a Star Trek Convention to Rochester. I'm too scared to fly, and maybe a little lazy when it comes to traveling. LOL

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home