My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Time Flies..

Wow!.. I just realized that in 3 weeks, on October 6th, I will have this journal for One Whole Year!


No way, when I began, did I think of this as something I would still be doing a year from then.. incredible.


My first post was about aging in America and the lack of health care for the elderly. Oh yes, there is Medicare... but when you are old and many medicines might be needed and surgery here and there... you become the lowest of the low when everything and anything you may have owned now has to be sold to try to pay the parts that insurance or medicare/ medicaid/ or anything else you have doesn't cover.


Some things don't change and making it possible to grow old and not just be waiting for the bomb to fall to take everything you worked your whole life from away from you is one of them.


You CANNOT save enough money for those sort of things to happen and not loose it all. Therefore: there's got to be a way. But our government doesn't even try to figure it out. Other countries make it so the elderly DO NOT PAY if they need surgery or very ill etc.. now, do i want to live the way they do in those countries.. well.. no.. but it does work somehow for them , so with all our intelligent folks here in America, I do find it hard to believe they can't find a way.


This is EVERYONE'S concern.. there's not a person that manages to live long enough to be called OLD is not going to face this. The young can slap the bucks away all their working life, and it still wouldn't be enough...


It's still a pretty bad place to be when you grow old....



I'm getting into swing dancing. Not on purpose. Some parts of my body are just prone to swinging.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It takes the wisdom of the elderly to make it. It sounds like design.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Bibi said...

Love the Maxine cartoon. And you're right. This is a tough country for most people as they get older and it's very worrying.

My mother's monthly medical care would run at least $12,000 per month her in the US. Luckily she lives in England.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home