My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Quiz and Rant

There are just some quizzes worth taking, ya know?

Which Fantasy/SciFi Character Are You?
Leonard "Bones" McCoy

An intent healer with a strong temper, you are often the voice of compassion when it comes to the concerns of others.
I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
Bones is a character in the Star Trek universe. His crew biography can be read at STARTREK.COM.

... The funny thing is: I couldn't have rigged this even if I had tried! It doesn't really describe me... but it did make me smile!
With that out of the way... I want to know how to go through a winter WITHOUT static electricity!
Living with my brothers 9 cats a day cannot go by that one of them rubs up against me or jumps up to be pet and WHAMMO I get shocked! Grrrrrrrrrr, I can't begin to express how much I hate static electricity!
This year New Jersey is going through the strangest winter I can remember ..and I'm plenty old enough to remember a LOT of winters! Here we are in February and we've had nothing but "dustings of snow". Now that's incredible! (I woke to yet another "dusting" this morning)
'Though we are going through a really cold time (wind chills have been below zero) the humidity levels are also low. ZAP! (dang cat!)
Hmmm, I just remembered something... when i lived in California .. one winter I walked across my carpeted living area to my computer, put my hand on the mouse and Zzzzit, a spark flew! Static electricity blew out my mouse!!!
Am I the only one that static electricity seems to bother??? *sigh*

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could keep a dryer sheet in your pocket and rub it on you when you are idle? It might improve your aroma also, of course I am thinking about me here. :)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Deslily! ONLY FOR YOU would I EVER take this test! LOL! I don't think I can leave the html code in here, so I will just tell you I was Galadreil! It said ...

Possessing a rare combination of wisdom and humility, while serenely dominating your environment you selflessly use your powers to care for others.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.

I don't even know who she is... *sigh*

11:23 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

OH! And the static electricity thing? I'm laughing at Jeff, because my daughter was rubbing one of the cats -- and MY head with a dryer sheet this morning! I said "oh great ... now I'll smell like a load of laundry!" ... lol! I guess it beats the alternative of using Static Guard for hairspray though...

11:25 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Jeff: hmmm I'd do that but I dislike perfume smells, and the drycleaner sheets David buys for the house smell like perfume!

Melli : lol.. guessing here you haven't read or seen Lord of the Rings!

Static Guard for hairspray? Just thinking that makes me crazy LOL...

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it fitting that you got McCoy....kind of cool.

When I was little, I had a babysitter who would come after me with her long fingernails she had sparked up on the carpet. If I didn't move fast enough in the morning to get to school, she'd zap me.

11:29 AM  
Blogger DellaB said...

sounds like a fun test, I'll have a go... about static, there are sprays, I used to have this problem back in the days of wearing stockings... I don't know how that would go sprayed on the cats?

9:35 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I couldn't be rated as there was one question I just couldn't answer!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

You should go read my webcomic - this week and the next three or four weeks will be chock full of Star Trek references. I put a lot of them in because of reading all your posts here about DeForest Kelley.

Ian
The Adventures of the S-Team

11:02 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I don't like static electricity, but it doesn't bother me too much....It's the dryness that creates it here in L.A., I believe. That is incredible that it blew out your mouse!

That apartment building now probably costs a LOT more than it did back then...(LOL)

12:20 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I don't like static electricity, but it doesn't bother me too much....It's the dryness that creates it here in L.A., I believe. That is incredible that it blew out your mouse!

That apartment building now probably costs a LOT more than it did back then...(LOL)

12:20 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

karmyn: then there is the old "rub the blown up balloon on your hair" routine! argh!

Della: unfortunately, around here with all the cats we have to be careful to what might harm them.

Lee: cheat! lol.. btw, I can't leave comments on your blog since I don't have a google account!

Naomi.. I can't even imagine what that apt would cost today!! I know what I paid 8 yrs ago in sherman oaks and I had found a "cheap" apt at 550.00 back then!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home