My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Goodbye's are Hard to Do




Meet Jeff. Husband to Cheryl. They are my neighbors. .. and I'm about to lose them.


Our neighborhood isn't the nicest. And Jeff and Cheryl have decided to move. I'm happy for them... and sad for me. You couldn't ask for nicer people than Jeff and Cheryl.


Jeff can be seen a lot outside. He always has a smile and a hello and time to chat with you. He's never "too busy". He's also there if you ever need him.. for anything.


Cheryl is the nurturer of the family.. but she extends that to friends too. If you ever need a hug.. I mean a REAL hug, knowing she cares.. she's got it for you.


I can't say we talk to each other every day.. or even every week...but I know they are there. And I know they will never disappoint, for any reason. It's hard letting go of people like that.


We all say, "oh we'll see you, we'll be around".. but life has a way of not really letting that happen. I am soooooooo going to miss these people. I am happy for them that they will have a nicer home in a nicer area (not really all that far but it isn't a nice stroll to reach it either.) I know that their new neighbors, whoever they are, will be glad to have them for a new neighbor. I know they will remain happy. But I am already sad.


I just wanted to show you a photo of what a great neighbor looks like... just in case you aren't fortunate enough to have someone like this for your own neighbor.

3 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

What a lovely tribute to your neighbors. I hate to admit that I don't even know the names of mine.

cjh

11:26 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

i don't mine either. The older lady on one side is named Helen but i don't think she likes me very much. But she's always talking to the Counselor, but never even says good morning to me...

hmmph!

11:49 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj & Kiyotoe: when I moved here my brother and david knew them and introduced me... I got lucky for a change. and truthfully I envy them getting out of this neighborhood. Sad to say but it would be a miracle for someone as nice to move into this area.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home