My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, September 07, 2007

September 7th

September 7th, 1945..

That was the year that Jackson DeForest Kelley married the lovely Carolyn Dowling.

Today they would have been married for 62 years.

They are forever on my mind.. I miss them more than I can say.

It's not often you come across the likes of the Kelley's. People who genuinely care for someone for who you are, not what you are.

Fame never went to their heads. They lived in a small 2 bedroom (one bedroom changed into an office) ranch style home in Sherman Oaks (with Myrtle their turtle), close to De's work.

They never flaunted their fame, nor did they act anyway out of the normal than your neighbor would.

They always managed to find some good in everyone they met, and you never heard a bad word about anyone from them.

When in their presence, you were the most important person to them.. and they showed it in oh so many ways.

Did I mention I missed them?

I know they are together smiling down at everyone they knew.. at times I just wish I could hug them and tell them how much I love them one more time.

6 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

They sound like amazing people. It's so rare to find people who "make it big" and stay genuine, and it really shows what kind of people they were that they stayed in their 2 bedroom house, with their same neighbors. It's great to find people who remember that life is about life and relationships, not about money and fame. I'm sure that you will always miss them, and I'm sure that they are smiling down on you :)...and your myrtle drawings ;)

12:18 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is wonderful that you had such great friends in these two dear people...It has to be such an empty space now that they are both gone....But there are the lovely memories to warm the heart...!

2:12 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Such a nice tribute. I wish you could give them one more hug too...

2:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: It was certainly something to see.. some who "could live better".. but only had the necessities of life. Their home was their castle for sure.

Naomi: yes, it's been a big empty space .. and at my age I don't expect it to get filled again. (so I hold a pity party now and then :o))

SQT: If only wishes like that could come true huh?.. would be nice.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

A lovely tribute, Deslily. :)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I knOw you DO miss them! And I know that ONE day you will hug them again! And then... you won't be MISSING them anymore!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home