My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, December 03, 2007

TBR

Last night I was reading blogs when I came to Chris's entry..
He had posted a photo of his pile of To Be Read books.
Now, if you read at all, most people have a few of those around the house. And if it isn't a new book, then maybe a book or two that you've been meaning to reread because you remember how much you enjoyed it.
Well, I have some of those too. But I have to say Chris beats my To Be Read Pile by a long shot! I actually started laughing my fat butt off looking at his photo! At first I laughed from the shock of it all... and then I looked at my To Be Read Pile and thought, "geez, at the rate I'm going... that could be me soon!" Then I had to fan myself from the vapors I was feeling!


Then I counted them..
Yikes! I had 25 books! (I will admit to having read some 250 pgs out of Jonathan Strange and setting it aside. For some reason it wasn't grabbing me, but I do intend on giving it another shot)
When did this happen?!! And How?!!
If I think about it, I can actually answer that... it happened because I started reading Carl's Stainless Steel Droppings while he was having one of his challenges, that just so happened to be a challenge to read Fantasy and Sci Fi books. Well, Fantasy is my main diet! I began reading all the reviews people were giving on the books they read and before I knew it I was looking them up at Amazon and ordering them! Hello?! Me?! I only, and I mean ONLY, read books by my favorite authors because it seemed when I'd pay what little money I had on something new I'd be disappointed. Back then, I only had the cover of books to let me know what the book was about. And it goes without saying that if you give me a choice (under those conditions) I always choose wrongly!
The other blogs started sounding good to me.. so I sent for a book here and there. Without realizing it I got sucked into Young Adult authors who were writing some darn good books! And, oh forbid, they be stand alone books! Of course not! They had to be trilogies, and some more than that!
Slowly,.... the pile got bigger.
And so did my wish list at Amazon! *sigh*
So.. there you have it. My 25 books to be read!
Oh, and lets not forget that I really want to do some rereading! I counted them up in my head... that would be another 26 books on top of the pile!
Wait..
Make that 27.. I really should reread the Hobbit too. *groan*
I'll never catch up!

10 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

If you'll never catch up, I'm doomed! I posted my pics, and numbers, in the comments of the Doctor No post if you're interested. Prepare to be shocked, ;)

8:43 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Do give Jonathan Strange another try! The start is a bit slow, but once the story picks up you'll get hooked, you'll see!

9:55 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: yes.. you ARE doomed!

Nymeth: Oh I do plan on trying again ..just don't know when! lol

10:14 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Just you wait...I remember not that long ago my TBR pile consisted of 3 books on my nightstand...now look at it! And I agree with Nymeth, Jonathan Strange gets you hooked in the last 300 pages or so. Part of the beauty of the first part is just her use of words...I understand your thoughts that it was a bit slow though. I could only take it in small doses at first though I did enjoy it.

10:44 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: Pppllsssttt!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I know what you mean...reading blogs is one of my favorite parts of the day, but oh is it hell on the wallet!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I'm never going to get caught up with my TBR pile. I have over 80 books in it (and that's not including my library books)!

1:10 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: No kidding!! I've gotten so I smile if it's something I wouldn't read and "groan" when it sounds like something I would like! LOL..

Ladytink: Oh my ..heh.. just guessing but, the library books come first so you don't have a late fee !

2:19 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It makes me feel better to see your pile of "to be read" biiks, Pat...If I took a picture of mine, well....it might be as many as 50...! LOL! I do not know how that happened...I really don't. BUT, the other thing is, I don't know when they will get read, either! (lol)
At least you have been reading other things...!

12:47 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Naomi: it seems never ending! hahaha..

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home