My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, November 12, 2007

The Thief Queen's Daughter

Since my favorite Adult authors put out books so infrequently I am more than glad I have found so many good YA authors!....
The Thief Queens Daughter by Elizabeth Haydon.
Hardcover: 320 pages
Publisher: Starscape (June 26, 2007)
ISBN-10: 0765308681




Ah yes.. well I did so enjoy The Floating Island that I had to send for the second book The Thief Queen's Daughter.
Elizabeth Haydon has set herself up for as many sequels as she may want to write. (or as many lessons as there are to be learned). I like the young characters she has made and how she pulled them together to form a group of friends, no matter what their differences. I can say that I will follow the sequels... because after 2 books I totally expect the sequels to be of the same quality... which means, I'd enjoy them.
In the Thief Queen's Daughter the king (who seems to be the sort of King everyone would want) sends Ven to the Gated City in Kingston, which is filled with thieves and relatives of thieves and ruled by the Thief Queen, and where "some of the most magical and exotic goods in the world are sold." His mission for the king: is to solve the riddle of a mysterious light stone. He is accompanied by four good friends, one of whom is kidnapped, and the search for her is nothing less than frightening, though they find some individuals willing to help.
There are scary parts and happy parts and one big surprise along the way. All in all, I can honestly say I really enjoy this authors story telling and the characters she has created!
If I had to say something I didn't like about the book it would only be that The Thief Queen's Daughter was released this past June, which means I have a long wait for the next book to come out.
I have to admit, after reading these two books I was curious as to why dragons are on the cover , but in book two (at the end) the author lets us know that book three concerns a dragon.. now I get it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

your books always have the coolest looking Dragons on them.

Or am I biased?

3:56 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

ahhh, kiyotoe, kiyotoe, kiyotoe.. you have the keen eye of a dragon! (snicker)

4:36 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

You have to wait for Book Three t find that out?? Oh Dear...talk about a tesser....LOL!
This certainly sounds like another good YA Book, Pat....

6:45 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Such great covers on those books.

and I feel your pain, my favorite adult authors don't write fast enough for me either! :)

9:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: not near as painful as before I discovered all these great YA authors! Of course, now it's more painful in my pocketbook!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home