My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Book II of The Bartimaeus Trilogy



The Golem's Eye by Jonathan Stroud
Hardcover: 574 pages
ISBN-10: 0786818603
ASIN: B000ILZ65U




Two years have passed since the end of book one. In THE GOLEM'S EYE, young Nathaniel again finds himself in need of Bartimaeus, so he summons the reluctant djinni.
This time, a revolutionary group is blowing things up in London, which may or may not be related to a series of other unusual occurrences that have been happening. Kitty, a girl of the resistance, who was introduced in book one by stealing from Nathaniel, becomes an import part of book 2.
At first I think I was a little disappointed that Bartimaeus was not immediately in the story, but quickly I was pulled into the story of Kitty, the resistance, and a new "bad guy" on the scene in the form of a golem!
Nathaniel feels that his career would take off if he can solve these crimes. But the stakes at risk are: his career, and possibly his life, if he fails. But such is the life of an up and coming magician.
This is yet another good read!! As with a number of other YA authors that I have come across, Jonathan Stroud has come up with a very original and captivating story to tell. Not only does he have a djinni with a sense of humor (though Nathaniel would like to strangle him for it) but he has the knack of writing a story that holds your interest and keeps it moving at a pretty good clip, so that you want to keep reading to see what happens next!
These books are turning into real keepers! Already I get a grin on my face whenever I look at them! Mr Stroud has certainly come up with one of those characters that will linger in your memory for some time to come!
And I still have one more book to go! Yippee!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ana S. said...

This sounds so good! I really hope I can fit this series in sometime this year.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home