My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, May 09, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

Carl did a post today that mentioned the upcoming movie of Hellboy II and he had a link to a newer trailer of it here.

I watch every trailer that comes out because I know that an actor I adore has a part in this new Hellboy II.

Roy Dotrice, now I know you've heard me mention him a few times before, but that's because I adore this man and his excellent acting abilities. It didn't hurt that Roy acted along side of Ron Perlman before as the character of "Father" in Beauty and the Beast television series.

Finally! When I watched this trailer I saw Roy!! YiiiiHaaawwww! I did screen captures to show the very few shots of him from the movie.

Look at all that makeup on him! (I have to admit.. the antlers are something new since the last time I saw him ! heh) I can't imagine how long he had to sit through getting all of that on! At age 85 I am a little surprised that he went through all of that, except for the fact that I suspect he was happy to work with Ron again, no matter what it entailed.

I am soooooooooo looking forward to Hellboy II ! I would not miss seeing Roy for anything!


On another note I thought I would do a little reviewing of my reading last year and this year so far. NO, not ALL my reading, but books that made a new list. My potential ReRead list.

"newer" books that I will reread one day:

Last Year was a banner year for reading for me.. I thought I'd list a few books that were new to me AND were so good I KNOW I will reread them one day:

1- Inkheart and Inkspell by Cornelia Funke leaps out at me, and will be reread just before the last book of the trilogy Inkdeath is released in October.

2- Here, There be Dragons and In Search of the Red Dragon by James A Owen, make my list.

3- Since the last Harry Potter book came out last year, I can safely add ALL J K Rowlings Harry Potter books.

4- Comically I can say that Gil's All Fright Diner made the list.. very unusual for me but when I want a "change" this book was enjoyable and fits the bill.

5- I have to add The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. (which I hope to reread for the RIP Challenge this year)

6- Laurie R King became a new favorite Author and I've enjoyed her Mary Russell books, my favorite being The Moor, and I can even add another of her books I'd read again called Touchstone.

7- and lastly I will most likely read Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials again one day.

So far this year I've done quite a bit of rereads already and plan to add more, but for future rereads I can add:
Jonathan Strouds Trilogy
Amulet of Samarkland, The Golems Eye and Ptolemy's Gate.

Although I have read 41 books so far this year,20 of them have been rereads (old favorites). I know I will be adding more books to my "reread list" as I go along this year, and the fact that I've only added Jonathan Stroud's books so far this year, doesn't mean I won't reread others it's just the ones that I've listed from last year and this year excited me so much, that I knew instantly I'd want to read them again! Other's tend to grow on me.

5 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I am impressed and overwhelmed with the number of books you have read so far this ywar, Pat! I mean, it is amazing, beyond words! I don't think I have resd 41 books in the last 10 years! I know, hard to believe, but.....
Well, maybe I am over stating it---Maybe it is 41 books in 5 years! (lol) I just don't read as much as I used to. Well, not books, anyway. I read plays and screenplays, etc...(I just finished a Screenplay early this morning, written by a friend...!)

BRACO, to you my dear...BRAVO!

1:00 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I always have good intentions to reread stuff but it usually ends up being 20 years between one read and another. Then it's like reading a new book! LOL. I love your idea of dedicating a particular year to rereads though and may do that sometime. I think I'll probably try to read The Thirteenth Tale for the RIP challenge later in the year too. The list is growing. *g*

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also impressed by your reading chops, Deslily! And thanks for the Roy Dotrice pix from HBII--gotta love those antler thingies! :) Here's a fun factoid: Roy's daughter Karen played Jane Banks in the film version of Mary Poppins, no joke. I'd say he looks pretty good for an 85yo in those images. Eighty must be the new 65 or something.

Hope all is well--happy reading!

4:25 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Wow! Those pictures are amazing. I think between Roy Dotrice and Ernest Borgnine, we've all got hope:D

I've been itching to do some rereads myself. The Obsidian Trilogy, By Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory, has soooo been on my mind lately.

7:35 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Naomi! Nah almost half of the 41 were rereads and I think I read those faster because I know them.

Cath: oh I think you will like Thirteenth Tale! I plan on a reread of that for RIP, along with some other books.

Vicki: having actually known Roy for a bit I also met his wife Kay and youngest daughter Karen, and I actually knew that about her! woohoo h ahahaha.. also that his other daughter Michele is married to Edward Woodward (The Equalizer)

Animewookei: ya think? lol
Ohhh, by all means I know my wanting to "reread" stayed with me most of last year and I just made it a mission to do some rereading. I plan on some more probably before this month runs out.. if not then for sure next month. Rereads never disappoint! It's like visiting an old friend!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home