My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thanks!


A note of thanks..........

Though my brother will never really get well, each time he has to go to the hospital and rehab he comes home worse off than before... but.... this time his heart stopped several times and so we are most grateful that he is still alive!!

He is now out of ICU (again) and will be shipped to rehab probably tomorrow and the real work begins again. He has to be able to stand on his own before he can come home so that he can get to the potty. Not a big order for many but he is paralyzed on his right side and now after two months in the hospital his "good leg" is weak and he now has a big fear of falling... so even if things go well without any more setbacks this could take a while. We've got our fingers crossed, but we know we can't really relax totally and think there won't be more setbacks .. or worse.

One day at a time.

Thanks again for all your concerns. I try not to mention it all the time, more for me than everyone else lol..I try to make my time on the computer "free my mind time" though anyone who has been thru stuff like this knows that's not a reality.. but I try !!

3 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

Yea... we all need the escape that our blogs provide us -- that's probably the biggest reason we are here, huh? I'm sO glad to hear that he's able to go back to rehab... I will keep him in my prayers!

10:04 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Having an escape is a very good thing. I wish smooth sailing for you and your brother for as long as possible.

cjh

10:59 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks again Melli and cj...:o)

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home