My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Is It Tomorrow Yet?

Wow, thanks everyone, for your comments.... I am so exhausted it isn't funny.  most boxes are unpacked..not all are where they are supposed to go but they are unpacked...except for the multitude of video boxes.. which remain boxed.

If I am not unpacking or unfolding or cleaning something I am out shopping with an old girlfriend (old but younger than me!) for furniture and for a TV and such...  already purchased a used washer and dryer.. and bought other things that will be delivered this week.. a chair to put my fat ass into.. an entertainment center for the livingroom and a sanyo hdtv that will come Friday.  I know I should be thrilled with all this stuff (some new some not so new) but I am nearly physically sick knowing that is all money I could use for rent and food.. and we wont even suggest a book or two! 

There are some things that haven't gone great besides the spending of money I can't replace.  There are 3 things driving me nuts!  Remember, if you will, that I lived in Florida for 13 years before moving away... ok?.. good because in all those years I never saw a home or apartment without a ceiling fan in the living room until I came here!!  Hello?  This is hot steamy weather nearly all the time and no fan!  The second thing driving me insane, if I really have any mind left anyway, is that they put the phone jack in the KITCHEN! so right now I have a telephone wire going from the kitchen clear across the whole livingroom floor to the computer!  But worse than that is having no where IN THE KITCHEN to keep my phone books and pads for the phone and such. (remember this is a SMALL one bedroom apt.)  Ok, and the third thing.. when you walk in the bathroom and flip on the light.. the "odor" fan comes on too.. and there is no way that you can have just a light on without the fan going.  So the entire time you take a bath or brush your teeth  etc.. you have to hear that fan!!

Yep, I know.. you can't please all the people all the time.. and yes, those are complaints!  The maintenance man has already been here twice.. once for a minor thing.. my refrigerator wouldn't go below 60 degrees~  ummmm, don't think I'll go food shopping just yet... and of course that was over the weekend so with no one in the "office" you couldn't get maintenance!.. then there was a tub problem.  The problem was, I'd fill the tub for a bath and even though the plunger thingy was down the water would run out rather quickly!  

Such is life at the old folks home.

Say goodnight Gracie..

... Goodnight Gracie

16 Comments:

Blogger Bookfool said...

LOL! That was fun reading. :)

A phone jack in the kitchen and nowhere else is weird, but no ceiling fan? Wow. I can't imagine that in the South. We have ceiling fans in every bedroom, the den and the kitchen. The fan thing . . . maybe they do that to help prevent mold, but I know what you mean. I've been in hotels where the fan goes on with the light switch and it's just annoying.

Hope you get settled in, soon. I'm glad you're out of that scary neighborhood. I was so worried about you with all the gunshots.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

How very annoying about the bathroom fan. That would be very jarring (to me at least) at night especially.

I hope you can find ways around most of what is annoying you :)

9:03 PM  
Blogger barrettmanor said...

Hey! Glad to hear you survived the move. And why no phone jack where you want to use the phone? Grrr.

10:15 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

First of all, I'm THRILLED to hear that you're getting and HDTV :) You'll enjoy it. Sorry to hear about all of those pesky things...but they could be much worse! I totally feel you about the no ceiling fan...I don't think I could sleep without one! It's good to hear some of the old Pat in this post :)

12:51 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Wow. I think I was under the impression that every American home had a ceiling fan. On various visits over there they've been life savers as we're just not used to the kind of heat you get.

Enjoy your new TV. I know it's cash you don't want to spend but you deserve a really nice TV to watch, Pat.

And I'm absolutely certain that your ass is not as fat as mine... ;-p

5:40 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Hello Pat, glad to hear that all is, for the most part well :D That fan in the bathroom thing would drive me nuts too. Oh, and a fat ass is a sign of good computer skills...lol

7:30 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

bookfool: no kidding! Of course they will intall one if I buy it! (swag style) yeah I don't miss "the gang" that's for sure.

Becky: yes it is annoying! It keeps me from trying to relax in the tub... i just want out of there to stop the noise!

Hi Julie! Eventually I can go wireless for the computer but I always have phone books, notes and papers around my phone so to have it itn the kitchen is driving me crazy.. and at&t wants 89.00 to put in another jack !

Hey Chris: well it's about all they sell anymore is hdtv Chris lol.. I get confused with comcast I get a "digital" box with this one year special deal (after which I will get the digital inside antenna and have only a dozen channels) but cable says there is yet a second box for HD.. so I have no idea whats going on and at this point I don't care as long as I can see tv and have noise again!!

Hey Cath: for a while I thought I was spoiled because we had ceiling fans up in jersey lol.. of course every room had them in the home I had down here when I was married and any one I ever visited, home or apt, had them so this shocked me. oh well.. I can "wish in one hand and.. " never mind lol

7:36 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Wookie:.. LOL thanks for the laugh !! That's one skill I have anyway! lol

7:38 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Wow, that's annoying about the fan! Well, fans - both the odour fan and the lack of one on the ceiling. Maybe you could find a floor one?

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Karmyn R said...

Hopefully all those "bugs" will be worked out soon.

Maybe if you get on Freecycle.com they will have a group in that area and you can request a fan. Give it a try.

1:35 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Nymeth: I will as the maintenance man I hope he can change that bathroom fan!!

Karmyn : I have a floor fan ..I was hoping to get rid of it lol.. just another object to walk around. It's just not normal in florida not to have ceiling fans!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

You've just made me very happy that I have no plans to move any time soon. It's soooo exhausting getting settled in somewhere new and so frustrating dealing with all the "unexpecteds"! I hope things smooth out soon. And that you have a very nice maintenance man, as it sounds like he'll be around a bit for a while. Or at least, he'd better be, right? :)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I hope that things even out for you soon! I am sure that once you get settled things will be a lot better!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Glad that you have a girlfriend to do things with. Wish you knew how to install a phone Jack. I have done a few of those myself LOL. If a cord could be run around the edges or under the edge of a carpet and come up behind your computer you would be all set. Helen

7:12 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'd go for a few candles at bathtime...

My youngest has the same fan problem in the bathroom.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Like I said Pat, I'm just catching up ... and while you're complaing about your three things, I'm nodding my head in agreement.

But NO FAN? Oh my gosh ... who designed that place?

I do hope since the move you've settled in and found your niche and are enjoying the thought that you won't have cold, slippery snow come winter. :)

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home