My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Peek at the Pond episode.3

Ok folks this is the most interesting of the birds at the pond~...

this shot is all the way across the pond where the owners here put something in the water for this bird to open its wings to dry them off.

Why would he want to dry his wings you ask? (go ahead.. ask~)  because this bird swims underwater ~  at times I look out at the pond and all I see is it's neck and head.. it looks like a 'mini loch-ness monster swimming in the pond!

 

I can't believe I got this picture *see below* !!!   Again he was across the pond and he looked strange so I got the camera and zoomed.. it was raining so it's not real clear... but he went and speared himself a snack!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

What an amazing picture! Seems you have many photo-ops at your new home. That's a good thing.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Fabulous shot, Pat!!! (The fish one but the other is good too.) Unbelievable! You know bird magazines pay good money for good photos of birds don't you? Well they do in this country. Not sure but I think it's either a cormorant or a shag (not sure what the difference is to be honest.) But - WOW! 'Gobsmacked' as we say here. :-)

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Oooh, what a pair of fantastic shots, Pat!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Nice shots. I always enjoyed going down to the 'pond' when I lived in an apartment in Plant City. It's pretty much a given in most complexes in FL that there is a pond somewhere :) too cool that you can see yours right outside your window!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

donna: I got lucky what can i say?

Cath: well if that picture was "sharp" maybe but my zoom was so far out it gets grainey..

thanks Shanra! I do enjoy taking pictures

Hi JJ... not the greatest but a shot I never thought I'd get thats for sure

4:48 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Great shots Pat. The last one looks like a snake coming out of the water with that curled neck. Sorta favors a Cormorant. Ken and I used to see these black duck looking birds in the waters where we used to fish. I am glad that you have things to take some pictures of to share with us. Hugs, Helen

9:08 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

oh...I'm jealous of your views. Fantastic fish capture.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home