My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Scooter: The Little Cat that Could

This is Scooter.. I've shown his photo before.  He's the cat that gets walked on a leash around the pond. (and looks exactly like Winkey who I had to leave in NJ)

Anyway.. Scooter was saved by his owner from a shelter and he is declawed.  I am sure everyone is thinking: oh isn't that cute Scooter was put into the tree for a photo session...

wrong!

 

Scooter has learned how to  hug a tree really HARD and with his back nails and hard hugs he climbed this tree!

Then he hung over the branch like a rag doll and was content as one can get!

You can't see his harness or leash but he has both on so he can't go any higher then his owner can reach to get him down again. (he can climb up but down is a cat of another color..or one with claws!)

So that's Scooter's story.. he's the little cat that could, and he did, and he visits the pond regularly... so in fact... he's yet another Pond Critter!

15 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

LOL! Great story. And gosh, is he a beautiful cat! Lovely markings. Reminds me of the tabby cat we had when I was a kid, although she wasn't long haired like that.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

That's great! And such cute pictures. :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

He's very pretty! Nyx (my kitteh) will go outside on a leash and not throw a fit, we are working on the walking part, this will make it easier if I want to take her somewhere :)

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, he's so cute and gorgeous! And that's a very nice story. ^-^ I want to get our outdoors cat used to the leash, but dad has to make one that fits him first!

Genki has this annoying habit of getting stuck up in trees too. You'd think after the first time he'd have learned, but nooooo... And then Mimi and Shiroi decided to follow his example! (I feel bad they're confined inside, but they're very fond of making us fetch them back down from the trees, so maybe it's a good thing.)

11:36 AM  
Anonymous She said...

Ahhh! Adorable!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

He's beautiful. I miss having a cat so much when I see these pictures...

12:48 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Ha! What a cutey! He's gorgeous actually! Looks like a little gray lion! Poor little cat, lol...wants to be able to climb up a tree. At least he found a way!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

What a beauty. I started to train my cat to walk on a leash when she was very young, but gave it up. I should have kept up with it!

2:43 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

What a handsome fella! And it's amazing how they adjust, isn't it. Personally, I've never understood declawing - neither Max or Maddie has been declawed and scratching isn't a problem.

cjh

5:09 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: he's so darn friendly too! and he was gotten from the shelter.

thanks Kelly.. i like this set of pics myself lol

JJ if you start them young they can be trained cats even don't mind being bathed if you start them VERY young and bath them every week for a few months.. then they don't mind a bath!!

Hi Shanra! Sorry I missed your IM I left to go shopping w/ a girlfriend and forgot to turn the computer off.. just got home 1/2 hr ago!

thanks She and Jenny!!

chris: he was funny to watch I couldn't believe he made it without front claws!!

Daphne: so few cats walk on a leash it's a novelty!

cj: I never had a cat declawed and this one came from the shelter that way...but most cats do claw the furniture.. (boo has been very good since I moved here he only uses the cardboard scratchers.. once in a while the carpet but not alot I am happy to say

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is beautiful, reminds me of one of mine, Hobbit, he is really friendly to, he sees the world as his oyster and every human as an opportunity for pats and food. Scooter sounds like he landed on his feet with an owner who takes him for walks and helps him out of trees. Beautifull photos.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Now that's an adorable kitty! Just love his eyes.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh my, Scooter is one beautiful, beautiful cat!

9:06 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Scooter is darling. CATS are remarkable....they will find a way---if the POSSIBLY Can! Good for Scooter!

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home