My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Leaving is Such Sweet Sorrow..

So, once again I am making room for the books I have.  In doing so I have to get rid of books I still like to make room for the newer books… it’s to the point I really am getting rid of books I might read again but since I don’t want to become a Hoarder like I see on television, this is all I can do…

bkpile[1]

I stand in front of the books and look at them and keep asking myself: will I really get back to reading this book again?..  I ask it several times, inhale a very deep breath, look over the ones I am not “able” to part with yet, and say “no”… and into the pile they go.

In this pile getting ready to leave the house are:

Weis and Hickman’s: Highlord Skies,

                                 Hourglass Mage,

                                 & Dwarven Depths (a trilogy) also Dragons lost star

Then there is:

Bram Stoker:   Dracula

Sara Waters:   Fingersmith

Carlos Ruiz Safron:   Shadow of the Wing & The Angels Game

Ransom Riggs:   Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Gyles Brandreth:   Oscar Wilde & the Dead Man’s Smile ,

                            Oscar Wilde and The Ring of Death

Bill Bryson:   The Lost Continent

Kate DiCamillo :   The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

Coy Watson Jr: Keystone Kid:   Tales of Early Hollywood

Justine Picardie:   Daphne

Jo Walton:   Among Others

Laurie R King:   The Moor,

                         Beekeepers Apprentice

Alan Bradley: Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, 

                     Weed That Strings the Hangmans Bag.

I wrote this list yesterday and since then I am happy to say that I have a home for those in purple!  My sister-in-law (also named Pat) will take them to read !  As much as I  hate “thinning” by books like this all the time, I am glad to know where some of them are going.

*sigh*… I dislike getting rid of books!

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I'm glad some of these have found a new home!

9:14 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It must be very comfortinhg to know where some of your books will be---Just In Case---!

LOVE your Header, Pat....And A MERRY CHRISYMAS TO YOU TOO, MY DEAR!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Glad to know some of your books are going to a good home but I know what you mean about letting them go. What a pity we're not neighbours and can't do a swap as I have a stack to go to and know you would like some of them. Damn the PO for being so expensive.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm with Cath, cause I'd trade you some books for some of yours! I'm glad they found a good home, though.

It's hard to let go of books, isn't it? Especially if we might read them one day - good for you to be able to say no. Something I struggle with mightily!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I wish we lived closer. I am jealous of those Dragonlance books in hardcover and would totally find a way to take them off your hands. :)

1:12 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I always hate to get rid of books too but I try to donate the ones I don't think I will get to or I don't have room for to my library. That makes me feel a little better about getting rid of them, but not much!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home