My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

You Know it’s a Good Day if….

You know it’s a good day if….you go to the used book  store and walk out with these two books for a total of $4.00!

glenn1[1]

I doubt it’s any surprise to anyone who reads my blog that, on occasion I buy books about the “original astronauts”.  Well quite a long time ago I did buy the John Glenn book in paperback..my eyes were not quite as bad as they are now ..however.. it was a “pocketbook”..the smallest paperback out.  And so to be honest I never finished reading the book because it was too much of a strain.

Fast forward to Saturday Dec. 3rd when I walk into the used book store and found the book in hardback and in excellent looking condition.  Of course I grabbed it right up. And shortly after I found the Jimmy Stewart book in trade paperback, it also is in pristine condition.  Naturally I bought them both and took them home.

I began to flip thru the John Glenn book to see the areas with photo’s when I flipped too fast and went to the first page of the book and low and behold you could have knocked me down with a feather when I found this!

glenn2[1]

Hello?  An autograph??  Sure looked like it.  I did a little research and compared it to other signatures of his and guess what… it matches!  I was more than excited when I flipped thru the book again and came up with some newspaper articles from 1999 stuck in the book…

glenn3[1]

glenn4[1]

OMG! Now I am positive it’s his autograph!!!  Never did I expect to ever have John Glenn’s autograph!!  Holy Cow and Boy Howdy…but I was excited !!!!

One never knows what one can buy for $3.00 anymore! 

Ok, so it is now wrapped in plastic to keep it in the condition it’s in.  It was a used book but it’s in “very good” condition as you can see from the photo I took of it.

I was still in a good mood when I happen to call Debi (of Still With Nothing of Importance) this morning and made her listen to my very good luck! I guess it’s safe to say I am most thrilled and will cherish this book from now on!

So, now I am the owner of a few Astronauts Autographs.  I have Alan Bean and Dick Gordon on photo’s, and Edward Gibson on a photo (he was on Space Lab for 84 days… longer than anyone)  plus I have a second Alan Bean on the print of his painting.  Then I have Buzz Aldrin, Al Worden, and now John Glen’s autographs on books. *big cheesy grin*!

3 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh...How FABULOUS, my dear...I am so very happy for you...That is a Treasure!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oh that is so cool, Pat. What a stroke of luck. That book with John Glenn's autograph was obviously *meant* for you! Wonderful.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I agree with Cath--I think that book was left in the bookstore just for you! :D

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home