My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Where Did January Go?

It seems incredible to me that January is gone already.  The days here in Florida are getting warmer (way too soon), it won’t be long and I won’t be able to walk anymore.. I can’t take the humidity, so the “cool” weather is such a wonderful break.. ah well..

January started off good with my reading and then I began to crochet and the reading is much slower now.. *sigh* I need to get audio books so I can listen and crochet at the same time!

So… what I did manage to read :

1. The Forgotten Beasts of Eld...Patricia A McKillip……343 pgs (Christmas gift from Debi!)

mail4[1] 

2. The Rose Garden.............…..Susanna Kearsley…….448 pgs

rose2[1] 

3. Furry Logic.................……….Jane Seabrook………….80 pgs

fur[1] 

4. Instruments of Darkness.......Imogene Robertson….373 pgs

dark1[1] 

5. I Am Half Sick of Shadows.....Alan Bradley……………….297 pgs

half[1]

…and I am half way thru Great Expectations by Charles Dickens…

So that’s where my reading stands so far this year.

I have come to enjoy Flavia (Alan Bradley) but now it looks as if a year must go by before another of those comes out.  That’s not a good thing as I have found lately that waiting a year for each installment of all the series I”ve been reading has suddenly gone de-funk and now I am not picking up many of the old series. 

Some I still do (like Michael Scotts Nicholas Flamel series), but many I have dropped.  I seem to loose interest because I have so many books sitting here waiting to be read. My reading will pick up the minute I stop crocheting and that will cease as soon as any sign of “coolish” weather is gone.  Unlike others winters that could be tomorrow, but I hope not!

So how was your first month of 2012 where it pertains to reading?  The count is not important to me anymore so much as how much I enjoy what I am reading, no matter how long it takes me to read it.  I hope you are enjoying your “new reading year!”

6 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Your distraction is crochet... mine is jig-saw puzzles, Pat. I'm doing a 2000 piece one of a Cornish scene and don't want to stop to pick up a book. LOL.

I'm in complete agreement with your opinion that the count is not important any more. I was more pleased that I had loved everything I'd read this month than I was with the number.

I'll get the latest Flavia from the library but wait awhile as then it won't seem so long to the next one.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

January just FLEW by!

11:45 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

No Books...but lots of reading of Magazines...! You amaze me, Pat....You are such a ferocious reader....To me, it looks like January was a BIG reading month!
January flew by but it has been a very very hard month for me....Losing Sweetie has just about done me in.

4:49 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: I will look forward to seeing the puzzle.. eventually lol

kelly:..i wish there was a way of slowing it all down!

Naomi:..I know how lonely you must feel...as we age it takes a lot longer to adjust to such changes in our life. hugs.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

January just seemed to fly by. I actually still can't believe it is February. I read 6 books in January which was pretty good for me but more importantly I enjoyed them all!

7:49 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen:enjoying them is the best part of reading!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home