My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, May 04, 2012

Amber & Ashes

thejourneysix[1]

(Book 6 for Once Upon a Time)

 Amber & Ashes by Margaret Weis .

Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Wizards of the Coast (August 1, 2004)
ISBN-10: 0786932570

 1amber[1]

Book Description

Publication Date: August 1, 2004

The latest title from best-selling author and Dragonlance setting co-creator Margaret Weis, Amber and Ashes takes up where the War of Souls left off with the central character Mina. While following her story, this new trilogy will also explore the chaos that is post-war Krynn. This is Weis's first solo hardcover since the publication of the extremely popular Dragonlance title The Soulforge in 1998.

Wow, it’s been a long, long time since I have visited Krynn with Margaret Weis at the helm. There are more times than not that I wish I could write so that I could write long and grabbing reviews… especially when they are good books, because Margaret Weis deserves good reviewers.

Weis and Hickman wrote the first 6 Dragonlance books that I ever read. And I will admit right here and now, firstly, that I was sucked into this book and was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.  For one thing.. Mina, the main protagonist was not a favorite character of mine, when last I read about her (eons ago) And so when I saw this my thoughts were doubtful that I would indeed get into this trilogy.  But Margaret Weis ‘s great storytelling swept me right into the book.

I have to say that hearing a few familiar names and places brought me back as if I hadn’t left the series for so long.  I even felt a bit nostalgic and might be forced to do some rereading!

All I can really say past what the Book Description reads from Amazon is that this book is nearly as good as all the other Dragonlance books.  I’m sorry, but I have to say Nearly because, to me, none have really come as close as the first two trilogies: The Time of the Twins/ The Test of the Twins/ The War of the Twins and Dragons Autumn Twilight/ Dragons Winter Night and Dragons Spring Dawning. Those 6 books are among those that will never leave my home! (nev-er, ev-er!)

However, and even without Tracy Hickman by her side in “dragonlance”, Margaret Weis once again has put forth another very good book to read… with 2 more in the series to come!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I think I read two or three in the original series and quite liked them. Glad you have some new ones to love, Pat. Gorgeous covers.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I haven't read any Dragonlance books yet, despite one of my best friends loving the series. I' glad you enjoyed this one even if it didn't quite come up to the books you love.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed this one Pat!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home