My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, April 13, 2012

New to the Apartment…

Well now… I guess everyone will be happy to hear that my TBR pile is back up to 142!  Even though I read the Raven King Trilogy, and Wilkie Collins, and am 3/4 of the way through The Snow Child… it is back up to 142. *sigh*  I think I was kidding myself!  Let me tell you why…

Have you ever had an icon on your desktop just disappear?  Well I did.  And it’s not the first time either, but this time it was my tbr list!!  So I searched and found and “older” one and went through it deleted books I know I read, then I had to go around to all of my book shelves and write down the “newer purchases and gifts to the house”… and ….and… it’s still 142. 142 seems to be the magic number that I can’t get below. (at least not for long..*groan*)

So, the last four books to come into the apartment and build my tbr back up are:

The Help, (for those of us few that have not read it) that I got for 1.00 at the used book store.

Touchstone, that I won over at Fantasy & Sci Fi Lovin’ Blog.

The Prydain Chronicles that I got for 1.00 and looks brand new. (this series of books I read eons ago and to be honest don’t remember much about them so when I found them all together in hardback for 1.00..well, the inevitable happened and it came home with me.)

And last: The Dream of Scipio, which is yet another 1.00 book.  I read AN Instance of the Fingerpost: A Novel and Stone's Fall: A Novel by him and liked them both so when I saw this I figured I’d give it a try. (someday.)

usedbks-1[1]

4 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I think, Pat, that in your case the answer to life, the universe and everything is 142, not 42!

One of these days I must read The Help *and* see the movie.

6:37 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I actually read "The Help", before the movie came out....In some ways I liked the movie better...But, that's just me.....
I cannot get over how you cannot get past 142...lol....And so be it, my dear Pat....Ut's a Very Good Number!!!

8:53 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

142 cracks me up! It's just such an odd number that you keep going back to, lol. Hey I'm with you with not reading The Help yet either! LOL…if you enjoy it, maybe you'll be the one to finally get me to read it :p And whenever I finally make it over there for a visit, I'm going to have to hit up this bookstore that you always get these one dollar books at!!! Good lord….can you see it? Me spending 100 dollars over there? HAHA….I can see it now :p Driving back with the entire back seat filled with books! Happy to see you reading The Snow Child too! Hope you're enjoying it! I loved it but I can see that it may not be one for everyone. I DO hope you're enjoying it though!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Enjoy your new books! I have way more unread books than 142, so you are doing well. :)

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home