My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

New Books

I haven’t ordered new books in a while, but I knew the Enchantress was due out and when ordering from Amazon I purposely spend enough so that I don’t have to pay shipping.

These are the most recent acquisitions….

new1[1]

I cannot wait to read Michael Scott’s The Enchantress!  This is the last book of his 6 book series…and I’ve read all the others!  I will admit what made me curious about his first book was in the title “the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel”… we all have heard that name from the Harry Potter series.  I’m not sure it meant anything else to me, but I became curious as to why the name Nicholas Flamel would be mentioned in yet another book.. so I bought book 1.  And I was hooked.  YA or not I liked Michael Scott’s story telling and the fact he mixed historical figures with his own creations.

I read a review on a Katherine Webb book and it sounded good (The Unseen, and Kailana read it ) She mentioned to me that she thought I would like an earlier book by Webb called the Legacy.. I checked it out on amazon and added it to my list.  I also added  The House at Tyneford.( Any books that take place in England always manage to come home with me lol.)

So these are the newest to come into the apartment..but I’ve added many books to my wish list lately! *gagh*  I just can’t get away with a short wish list let alone get my tbr pile down!

So…. I have begun to read The Enchantress.. not sure if I will finish it by the end of  Once Upon a Time or not.. (it’s already really good sooooo … I might!).  But I am trying to read slower!.. I am going to miss the characters and this story when I come to the end!!

Have you added new books to your tbr pile lately? (dumb question huh? lol)

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Yeah, I got just a couple of new ones. When I have more I'll do a post. Yours are great, Pat. Love the covers of those Michael Scott ones. Trying to remember where I heard about The House at Tyneford.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I've been adding a lot of books lately myself. Far too many if I'm being honest, but I do so love getting books.

The House at Tyneford sounds like a book that Mary might like, so I'm going to add that to my list for gift ideas for her. Thanks Deslily! :)

7:16 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I just bought four books yesterday! late birthday presents to me :-) so yes, I've added books.....yours look interesting, too. Never enough books or time to read them all! We need several lives, right? :-) Enjoy your new books!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home