My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

From Hell

A quickie post :

I came across a BBC American movie channel today.  It was playing a movie I had never seen called:  From Hell.

MV5BMTM1MjkxNTQxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDMxNDg2._V1._SY317_CR1,0,214,317_[1]

 

Johnny Depp

Heather Graham

Ian Holm (the elder, Bilbo)

Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid)

Great cast!!!!… this would be such a good movie for anyone to watch for RIP!  If only it came on tv next month!

 

From Hell (2001)

It is 1888 in London, and the unfortunate poor lead horrifying lives in the city's deadliest slum, Whitechapel. Harassed by gangs and forced to walk the streets for a living, Mary Kelly and her small group of companions trudge on through this daily misery, their only consolation being that things can't get any worse. Yet things somehow do when their friend Ann is kidnapped and they are drawn into a conspiracy with links higher up than they could possibly imagine. The kidnapping is soon followed by the gruesome murder of another woman, Polly, and it becomes apparent that they are being hunted down, one by one. Sinister even by Whitechapel standards, the murder grabs the attention of Inspector Fred Abberline, a brilliant yet troubled man whose police work is often aided by his psychic abilities. Abberline becomes deeply involved with the case, which takes on personal meaning to him when he and Mary begin to fall in love. But as he gets closer to the truth Whitechapel becomes more and more dangerous for Abberline, Mary, and the other girls. Whoever is responsible for the grisly acts is not going to give up his secret without a fight....will they be able to survive the avenging force that has been sent after them from hell? Written by Anonymous

I am still surprised that I hadn’t seen this movie before.  David, my brother’s partner, was a huge fan of Johnny Depp and every birthday or  Christmas I’d look for something he didn’t have of Johnny Depp’s to get him and never heard of this one!

It was a very good “jack the ripper” type movie and if you like Johnny Depp I would recommend that you find this movie and watch it.   Of course for me it was also seeing Robbie Coltrane without a beard as Hagrid!  I’ve only seen him in 2 movies where he looked like himself and I think he’s a fine actor.

 

6 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I've never heard of or seen this either. How peculiar. Not that I'm an expert on Johnny Depp or anything but with such a British theme you'd have thought I'd know of this one. Nope.

5:19 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I can't believe you're just seeing this one!! It's one of my favorite movies!! I'm like your brother though..anything with Johnny Depp and I am in love. I just think he's a genius actor and he chooses great roles. Me and Megan owned pretty much everything he did when we were together and we loved this movie! Have you seen his Sleepy Hollow? THAT would be a great RIP watch! In fact, think I may have to get that one to watch soon! It's one of those movies you can find on DVD for like $4.99 now. Glad you saw this one and enjoyed it :)

12:42 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Robbie Coltrane did an English TV series called "CRACKER", that was FABULOUS!! No Beard....He played such an interesting character---it is rentable, I believe....

I am familiar with this film---but it was a bit to violent for me, and I LOVE and ADORE, Johnny Depp....
This is my 3rd try to get the damn Verifaction right. WHY do they make these so difficult???

2:25 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath and chris: emailed ya

Naomi: yes, it's hard to have anything about the Ripper and not be violent. Many of Johnny's movies are dark and violent.

ah yes I'll try once more to turn them off it's the same for me when I reply on othrs blogs ..if they didn't make it easy for hackers we wouldn't need those stupid words. I too wonder why they are so hard.. a machine couldn't even read "readable" letters!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I saw this movie in the theatres, and it was dark and gory and so very chilling. I really enjoyed it. I'm glad that you enjoyed it too.

I've seen the Cracker tv series, and if you ever find them, give them a go, Pat. They are really good, and a bit dark also, very well done.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm surprised I've never heard of this one too. I love Johnny Depp so I know I would like this one. Sounds perfect for RIP.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home