My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ready… Set… go!

Well now… here in the USA it’s the day before Bird-day (or Thanksgiving if you so choose).

I begin things today even though I am alone and not doing a lot of cooking.  I will make a turkey and stuff it and make a big pot of gravy. ..and have a little cranberry sauce for taste.

So today I dice up the onions and celery and bag them up to sauté in the morning.  I also grind up walnuts to add to my stuffing.

ready1[1]

I add a bit extra bread to the Pepperidge Farm Herb bag. I use about 4 slices each of white bread and rye bread.. then add a touch extra spices like poultry seasoning, rosemary and thyme.

ready2[1]

Lastly I get out the gravy pot and tray for the Turkey. ( I will hide the tin in the oven so no dust gets in it.)

ready3[1]

This way I get up and put a tub of (non) butter in a big fry pan and sauté the onions and celery and add it to the bread crumbs and after washing the *nekkid* bird, I get ready to stuff it! Then bake and baste for 5 hrs (18lb bird) and surprise, surprise we have a turkey and stuffin’ ready to eat!

Before I go I wanted to show off my “big deal” from a Rummage Sale…

Lenox[1]

It’s a pretty (in mint condition) Lenox Santa!  And like many things that I get that I like it cost a whole One Dollar! (and it’s really Lenox! woohoo!  I like Lenox because it’s generally “all white” and I like white, but I rarely can afford anything made by Lenox! This was a little pressie for me I’m just sure of it!)

Ok.. so tomorrow is the day… to all those who celebrate Thanksgiving:

 Happy Bird-day!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

You make it all sound so nice. I'm thinking of getting my coat... lol

10:47 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I think it is GREAT that you make The Turkey and Stuffing and Gravy, etc.....GOOD FOR YOU, my dear, and a Very Happy Thanksgiving!

That Lenox piece is WONDERFUL! I think you are right; It Was Meant For You!

7:38 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: how fast can you swim? lol

Naomi: I hope you are with good friends and having a wonderful Thanksgiving

10:40 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

The Lennox Santa is cool. And would have made for a great pun if you had filled it with mints and wrote that it was in "mint" condition.

I crack myself up.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home