My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Cookies Made and Delivered

Not long ago, two engines from the Vero Beach Fire Department were at my apartment building.  911 was called due to and apartment being flooded.

 engine3[1]

The captain and others were super nice to me.  (and I was barely involved. very little damage to my apartment)  They made sure I would not be worried about the electric being on in my apartment with the water damage.  They moved a book case of mine so it wouldn’t get damaged and because the water was turned off for the entire building, they even filled a plastic garbage can with “pond water” so I could use it to make my toilet “flush” by pouring water into it.

I felt good that they spent any time with me when other apartments were damaged much more badly, but they did.

So the other day I decided to bake Christmas cookies and drop them off at the Firehouse that came out to help.

fd1[1]

I made simple Spritz cookie press cookies and then also made Chocolate Chip cookies with Walnuts and Chocolate chips.

fd2[1]

I was hoping to talk with the Captain and thank him once again but they were out on call helping others, and so I left it with one of the Firemen that was still there .

I hope they all enjoy the cookies…

I will always be grateful to them for taking the time to help someone who didn’t have that much damage.  They were really super!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

That was a nice gift to show you appreciation.They look good!

12:01 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

How wonderful of the Firemen and how dear of you to make those 'Thank You' Cookies! They do look yummy, my dear Pat...!

I have such respect for Fireman everywhere---and particularly here in L.A. They do such a fantastic job and are really the unsung Hero's many many times....!

6:36 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks helen..

and yes I think a lot of them too Naomi. they make runs to this complex a lot because of everyone here being old and if they call 911 for a perimedic the fire dept shows up also. they must know our place by heart!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

My guess is you just made some firemen very happy as they were reminded of how very much they are appreciated. You're awesome, Pat!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Gavin said...

What a wonderful idea, Pat. I am sure they really appreciated your kindness!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I bet they were chuffed to bits at your gift of appreciation for their care and concern. I suspect it's rare.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

How fantastic! And I love that you repurposed that Christmas canister to put the cookies in! Go you!!!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Your thank you gift to them means more than you can ever know. I remember well long nights (and sometimes days) and when people came by to say 'thank you' or leave a homemade food gift, it was truly appreciated.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home