My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Once Upon a Time VIII

Every year I wait for Carl to do my two favorite challenges. With the beginning of Spring  the first of the two begins… Once Upon a Time VIII.

My hopes may be more than I can even accomplish..but I will surely try!

onceup8200_zpsae373bec[2] You have a variety of choices as to how many books you want to read, and as always all Carl hopes for is that you all have fun!

 once8journey_zps825a22df[1]

The Journey is a promise to read one book…so that’s what I will try.

It’s a toss up so I might get more then one (I would like that).  The Piers Anthony book called Xanth Two actually has 2 of his books in one.

xanth_zps280fb43e[1]

The other book is a birthday present from my friend Michelle who took a sneak peek at my wish list on Amazon.  I have a number of “Official Movie Guides” by Brian Sibley and so the Desolation of Smaug was on my list.  I hope he puts a third one out for the last of the series.

hobbit2_zps2d611ba8[1]

On big photo in the book was a bunch of Happy Dwarves in Barrels.

hobbit22_zpse035be81[1]

I generally write a much longer post but this is better then none!

Happy Once Upon a Time everyone!  I hope you all enjoy every book you read!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Love the way you set up that book to blend in with the shelf, Pat. You are so clever. Good luck with reading the book, I hope your health allows you to do it.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Pat, I hope you feel better soon. I am glad you are going to do the challenge, and two books is a good start. Xanth is fun, isn't it? A good series....and that movie guide to the Hobbit movies look fabulous! I think I might want them....I find I watch The Hobbit every few months now, and we are waiting impatiently for the beginning of April and Desolation of Smaug to come out in dvd.

Please get better soon. Hugs from up here.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's a great photo of the dwarves, I hope you enjoy the book.
Happy Once Upon a Time!

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those movie guides look beautiful!! I hope you have fun on The Journey. :)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Hi Deslily....I just read your comment on "Here in the Hills"...I don't know if you remember me, but we used to "know" each other through blogging. (Kitchen Connection)

I'm glad to see that you're still blogging, too.

I had a break from it back around 2008/2009, but got back into it again.

I hope all is well with you. :)

5:14 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I hope this challenge is just what you need to get back in your groove, Pat!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Have fun with the challenge Pat. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the books you have chosen to read.

3:57 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi My Dear Pat.....So glad you are going to do this challenge....And I hope you are feeling somewhat better, my dear.....Sometimes these things give one just the lift you need---even if it is just for a while....ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY, as best you can, my dear....!

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home