My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, May 08, 2014

The Titans Curse

onceup8200_zps6fc5daa0[1]

This is book 5 for Once Upon a Time.

The Titan’s Curse by Rick Riordan.

Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion;(April 8, 2008)
ISBN-10: 1423101480

bk3_zps9cee261b[1]

From Booklist

*Starred Review* Just after finding Bianca and Nico, two newly discovered half-bloods, Percy, Grover, Annabeth, and Thalia end up trapped between a helicopter and a manticore. Artemis and her Hunters save the day, but Annabeth disappears over a cliff; then Artemis rushes off to hunt a dangerous monster. Back at Camp Half-Blood, the Oracle foretells that Artemis must be rescued and makes a prediction that bodes ill for one of their number—but which one? Percy, who is supposed to remain behind while others pursue the quest, follows in search of the missing Annabeth. Their adventures range widely across the U.S., taking them to locales that include Washington, D.C., and the deserts of the Southwest and pitting them against the usual assortment of colorful adversaries. The Percy Jackson & the Olympians series is built around a terrific idea—that the half-mortal offspring of Greek gods live among us, playing out struggles of mythic scale—and Riordan takes it from strength to strength with this exciting installment, adding even more depth to the characters and story arc while retaining its predecessors' nonstop laughs and action. Tixier Herald, Diana

First off, I have to admit that these three Percy Jackson books were all very enjoyable.

Not only did they have fast paced and continual adventure and excitement but they had comedic moments too.  You can’t ask for much more can you??  Oh and did I mention Olympus and all (ALL) the gods?? oh yeah..even outing their dirty laundry on having children with humans! (Somehow having a… ummm… relationship with a 15 ft high God seems a bit ..ummm impossible, but then when one is a God I guess there are no limits! lol

Oh! and let me not forget that during their adventures there a monsters of all sorts trying to kill them!  (“are we having fun yet?”)  But then, on occasion Mama or Papa God will help… just a little.  :o)

I can’t say a lot ..the review says it all.. I can only had that they are enjoyable, very easy reading, and the characters quickly grow on you .

5 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

You're doing great with five books for OUaT, Pat.

I haven't read these but I know my daughter and grand-daughter have and really like them.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow, you are on a reading roll! Go Pat!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But that's the convenience of Greek gods, they can take whatever form is needed to have their liaisons with humans...which sometimes makes things even weirder in the original myths. Ahem. Never mind...

Anyway, I always found these to be fun, quick books. They stay strong through the last two too!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

I actually haven't read any of these but would quite like to now! I love the cover for this one (I realise that's very fickle but I just like the artwork!)
Thanks for the review.
Lynn :D

6:46 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear the series is continuing to be enjoyable! Are you going to read the next?

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home