My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Midnight Rose

The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley.

Paperback: 496 pages
Publisher: Atria Books (March 18, 2014)
ISBN-10: 1476703574


 



 

From Booklist

For Anahita Chavan, childhood in India under the British raj was simple and happy. But when she is asked to become the companion to the maharajah’s daughter, Princess Indira, Anni is suddenly exposed to a life of wealth and privilege. Then the two girls are sent to England to attend boarding school, a move that will change Anni’s life in ways she never dreamed of. Meanwhile, in present-day England, American actress Rebecca Bradley has snagged the first serious role of her career, playing a 1920s debutante living on a beautiful Dartmoor estate. As filming begins, the manor receives an unexpected visitor, Ari Malik, Anahita’s great-grandson, who is on a quest to learn about Anni’s past. Riley, the best-selling author of The Orchid House (2011), has once again written an extraordinary story, a complex, deeply engaging tale filled with fascinating characters whose slowly revealed secrets carry readers to the very end. Spanning four generations and moving from the great palaces of India to the stately country home of an English lord, this is a sweeping tale of love lost and found.

I think the reason I got this book is because I have read most of Lucinda Riley's books and have always liked them.  Of course then there is the mention of Dartmoor..heh.  So , I had a good chance of enjoying the book.   Never gave a thought to learning about how India woman of high esteem had to live. (now I know what it was like back in the day).

It was a very good read.  Back and forth a few generations but never had trouble following it.  I gave a thought that the ending was rushed a bit ..strange to say that when the book was just shy of 500 pages! (a few more wouldn't have hurt).

Anyone who has read any of  Lucinda Riley books and enjoyed them will certainly enjoy this one if they haven't already read it.  I like her writing style.  Things flow so well that I went thru this book way faster than I ever thought I would!!

If you don't try this book you might want to try one of her others.. they are all enjoyable! "The Orchard House", "The Girl on the Cliff" and "The Lavender Garden"...

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I'll really have to try something by her... I've heard of The Orchard House I think. I'll look in the library to see if they have anything.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I had this in my hands yesterday while going through my shelves. Glad to hear it is good!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home