My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, February 21, 2020

The Ocean at the End of the Lane

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman.

Hardcover: 181 pages
Publisher: William Morrow;(June 18, 2013)
ISBN-10: 0062255657






Amazon.com Review
An Amazon Best Book of the Month, June 2013: Neil Gaiman's intent was simple: to write a short story. What he ended up with instead was The Ocean at the of the Lane--his first adult novel since Anansi Boys came out in 2005, and a narrative so thoughtful and thrilling that it's as difficult to stop reading as it was for Gaiman to stop writing. Forty years ago, our narrator, who was then a seven-year-old boy, unwittingly discovered a neighboring family’s supernatural secret. What happens next is an imaginative romp through otherwordly adventure that could only come from Gaiman's magical mind. Childhood innocence is tested and transcended as we see what getting between ancient, mystic forces can cost, as well as what can be gained from the power of true friendship. The result is a captivating tale that is equal parts sweet, sad, and spooky. --Robin A. Rothman

I don't  know what to say about this book.  The review I read made it sound like something I would like so I bought it.  I enjoyed most of it.  But it was a bit out of my range with the "other worldly" parts.

I am sure all Neil Gaiman fans will love it as they love all his books..  I may have picked the wrong book of his to be my first read by him.  I will say he has a very imaginative  mind!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I remember liking this when I first read it but. thinking about it, am not sure I would now. Stuff in it I wasn't very keen on but for the life of me I can't remember what now. LOL Of his books I think I like The Graveyard Book best.

4:49 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

I read that one! yeah that was good. This one will appeal to some be not me. I also liked The Cemetery Girl by David Bell.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I'm not sure, and never have been, that as an author, Neil Gaiman is all he's cracked up to be. I find his books very hit and miss. Same with his short stories, some excellent, some really *not*.

I'll look up The Cemetary Girl.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home