My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, March 27, 2020

Dragonflight


Dragonflight by Anne McCaffrey.


Paperback
Publisher: Del Rey (1988)
ASIN: B008E9EMH6
Package Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.8 x 0.7 inches




Amazon:
On the beautiful planet Pern, colonized for centuries, Land Holders and Craftsmen have traditionally tithed food and supplies to the dragonweyrs to which they are bound. In times past, the mighty telepathic dragons and their riders were the only protection from the dreaded, life-threatening Thread.

But it has been over 400 years since the last Threadfall, and some people have come to doubt that the menace will every strike again. But F'lar,

Weyr Search features a young woman named Lessa being recruited to establish a telepathic bond with a queen dragon at its hatching, thus becoming a dragonrider, and the leader of a Weyr community on the fictional planet Pern. Dragonrider features the growth of Lessa's queen dragon, Ramoth, and their training together.

Between my "normal" depression and stress and anxiety.. then we get this.... this... virus!  Slowly but surely I  have gotten to a point where I can't concentrate on what I am doing let alone what I am reading.  So after it took me weeks to read a very good book called Before We Were Yours, and it should have taken me only days, I decided to try reading an old favorite which I haven't read for a few years ..but.. have read at least 4 times before.  I figured I didn't have to try so hard to concentrate since I know (and love) the story....   it seems to be working!

I love ALL the Pern books that Anne wrote.  The first three are always great, getting to know them all and learning how to believe what no one wants to believe.   If you've never read this series... you should.   And now on to Dragonquest!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

What's happening is horrible. Like some science fiction novel... I'm struggling to believe it really is happening. On the plus side I'm so glad you're enjoying your reread of the Pern books. Luv ya, Sis!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home