My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, April 02, 2020

Dragonquest

Dragonquest by Anne McCaffrey.


Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Del Rey;(October 13, 1986)
ISBN-10: 9780345335081







Amazon Review:


"Another Turn, and the deadly silver Threads began falling again. So the bold dragonriders took to the air once more, and their magnificent flying dragons swirled and swooped, belching flames that destroyed the shimmering strands before they reach the ground.

"But F'lar knew he had to find a better way to protect his beloved Pern, and he had to find it before the rebellious Oldtimers could breed anymore dissent....before his brother F'nor would be foolhardy enough to launch another suicide mission...and before those dratted fire-lizards could stir up any more trouble!"



Book 2 or the Dragonriders of Pern.

This book shows the bravery of the Dragons and their riders.  It  has a love story .  It has danger.  It has sadness.   It pretty much as some of everything that should be in a book such as this.


Again, it is easy reading.  You fall in love with the characters and their dragons.  They share hope .  Something that is sadly missing in some of our lives right now.  I have, and will always suggest anyone to hasn't read these books to give them a try.. and to those who have.. it's time to read them again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

You certainly do fall in love with the characters. I first read these two in my twenties and it was my first experience of 'really' falling for a book and its characters, I'd never read anything like it before in my life.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home