My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Happenings..

I'm sorry I haven't been posting.. haven't even been catching up on my blog reading!  This is taking longer than I want it to... mostly because I am very fatigued now.  My brain is not functioning well ... so I am going to post a few shots here... just so I can post. 

This first one is looking out my glass sliding doors early in the morning before they put the "fountain" on in the lake.. it's like glass.  I thought the reflection was worth the shot.

 

... Meanwhile inside, in my bedroom a cabinet to hold my TV also is holding some books (big surprise huh?)  and the big deal here is that this is the first time my "bookworms" have stayed out of their boxes longer than to use in a photo!

... and lastly... Boo is settling in a bit more.  He's still going around making noises and absolutely HAS to be in the same room I am in.   Well.. except during the daily lightening storms when he is under my bed.  The storms are so bad I wish I could fit under there with him!

There is a nice little variety of birds that come to the pond so I started taking pictures of them.  I will make small posts with bird shots for a bit too.  I am so brain dead I've barely read 2 chapters in the book I am reading.  I haven't even come close to having a "daily routine" yet.. that's when I will know that things are what they will be ...

Until then I will try to get to more blogs in between "interior decorating" (not my finest moments doing that).. I'd be a lot better at it with "money" LOL... ah well..  we will never know my limits at decorating lol..

I think about another 2 weeks should have me set up enough to try to concentrate again and read again.. that would be nice, because this is way too much like work~!

14 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Cats hate relocating! I think they'd prefer a new owner to a new home.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Keep plugging away at it...you'll get there eventually. Hopefully much sooner than you think. I can't wait to hear that both you and Boo Kitty are settled in and able to relax again!!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I am sure you will get settled in soon! At least you are just having lightening storms and not listening to gunshots anymore!

11:50 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Donna: I think you are right! lol

Debi: I'd have to hit the lottery to "relax" Debi.. and that ain't about to happen since I can't afford to take chances with even small amounts of money anymore. ah well.. it is a nice dream!

Kelly: true enough. no more gunshots.. but to be honest I am just as afraid of lightening! I would sit on the stairs in the hall in NJ during a lightening storm. no hall here !! ack~! lol

11:59 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Your photos are great! The pond does look restful like that. And I love your 'bookworms'! They deserve to be out.

Boo will adjust, just like you will, my dear. Give yourself and him some time.

cjh

12:00 PM  
Anonymous BooksPlease said...

Boo is just bootiful! It does take time to settle into a new place and it is such hard work - I wish you well.

1:59 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: at my age i have time??? lol thanks cj.

Hi Margaret: thank you.. we are trying.. BooBoo Kitty is still stressed though, he runs and hides at the slightest noise!.. heh.. my protector!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

so happy to see the cat settling in. I'm so far behind on reading that I was surprised to see you settled in (sort of) and enjoying the birds. Looking forward to seeing those, too!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Hey Pat! Nice photos... hopefully Boo Boo will settle in soon. And you too. Come and decorate our place when you've finished with yours! :-)

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

*snugs* Glad to hear that you're both slowly settling in, me dear, even if it seems to be taking long right now. Hopefully you'll get everything done and set up so you can relax soon! (And Boo just needs time.)

Take care, sweetling!

7:03 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Pam and congrats once again on all those grandkids! :O) Far from settled but yeah with no phone the first day and no tv I told him he couldn't leave until my computer was up and running!

Cath: ah I see you like "early american mish mosh" lol.. be glad too! The decorating is free, umm however there is the crossing of the pond to consider lol

Shanra: eventually i guess.. right now I feel lost

7:12 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It looks like you are in a nice place, my dear Pat...I am so happy for you and for Boo, too! I know he is so very happy to be with you....!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

*hugs* You'll be all right. Give yourself some time too!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I'm having trouble keeping up with blogs right now too. Hope you get settled soon though! Poor Boo and you. Those storms are never fun :(

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home